Gun Safe Video

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Gun Safe Video

Postby Konaseven on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:59 pm

An interesting look at Browning gun safes. (I'm not sure they if they are actually rated to a "Safe" level by UL or just a Residential Security Container rating.)
It is a sales pitch, but informative.

Browning Safes
Konaseven

Re: Gun Safe Video

Postby Aceq2jot on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:49 pm

Watch out for the Stack on safes with the handle on the front, as the bolt on the inside has a habit of falling off, locking you out. As i have been told even the good safes have week points. Normally the back and bottoms are easily acessed with a crow bar, so when looking for a safe i would consider the thickness of the walls.

My Brother is a Locksmith who has a lot of certifictions in safes, and does a lot of safe work for commercial customers, aswell as the residential side. We talk about work fairly often :D

Thats where i get my info :D Not doing night jobs ;)
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Postby Konaseven on Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:43 am

Interestingly the "Gun Safes" we see in the typical gun store are actually:
Residential Security Containers

Usually, the next step in home firearms storage that’s commonly thought of, is the classic Liberty, Browning, Cannon, etc. ‘safe’. Actually, Underwriter’s Laboratories will not rate these units as a safe. If you care to, look on the edge of the door for the U.L. label commonly found there; it will call the unit a Residential Security Container, or RSC. So, what is an RSC? Truth be told, not much. Should you wish to get the full copy, by all means go to the Underwriter’s web site and wade through the data. But here’s a synopsis.

Full Article from The Cornered Cat
Konaseven

Postby ree on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:14 pm

Aceq2jot wrote:Watch out for the Stack on safes with the handle on the front, as the bolt on the inside has a habit of falling off, locking you out.

For their price, they're a good value as far as low end gun cabinets go. Mine has a nylock nut on the back. You can alway upgrade these to an all-metal lock nut and/or use some thread lock if you're concerned...a nut job, if you will.
ree

Return to Accessories