Can you hear me now?

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Can you hear me now?

Postby Old Dude on Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:12 pm

So, the Cubs are losing and I'm ignoring the TV and playing on the web when I came across a place called http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/shootandhun.html. I noticed some earplugs called SilentEar Reusable Ear Plugs with an NRR of 32.

I'm looking for plugs because my earmuffs hit the stock of my AK and AR.

Has anybody tried them? Are there any obvious downsides to them?
Old Dude

Re: Can you hear me now?

Postby Pat Cannon on Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:16 pm

No experience with this brand, but wow, 32 is excellent. I have some muffs that are 31, the highest rated muffs I've seen. On the other hand, plugs are generally rated higher than muffs. I have a 10-pack of cheap 3M disposable plugs in front of me that are rated 28. So you can get pretty-good protection for very little money. On the third hand, the logarithmic nature of sound decibel ratings being what it is, 32 is way better than 28.
Pat Cannon

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:54 pm

Pinnacle has some plugs. Surprised me when he told me who they were from, can't remember the Co though.
Hopefully he'll pipe up, chime in, give two cents a couple of Bob or even a wooden knickel.
It's getting late :roll:
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Postby ChillyW on Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:05 am

I got the trial pack from them: 1 pair of each size. I hated 'em.

For the shape of my ear, they just wouldn't stay in. I had trouble giving them away. I think I might still have a pair of the large, if you want to try them without it costing you anything. I can hunt around and see if I've still got them.
ChillyW

Return to Accessories