SmartCarry + PM9 = Great Combo!

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

SmartCarry + PM9 = Great Combo!

Postby Thunder71 on Mon May 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Last week I did what I should have done to begin with, and that is order a SmartCarry holster.

I've had it in my possession for all of 20 minutes but so far I absolutely love it. Will post an update down the road, but with dress pants and a shirt tucked in you cannot tell at all - and it's comfortable!

Really glad I purchased this holster - best part is, my XDM 9mm Compact fits it as well.

Huge thumbs up for these guys so far.

Oh, and it doubles as a nut cup! :o
Thunder71

Re: SmartCarry + PM9 = Great Combo!

Postby Paul on Mon May 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks Light Artisan!
Paul

Postby mrokern on Mon May 09, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm a fan as well. The biggest trick is finding the exact right position where it's comfortable and doesn't show, but once you work that out it's great. :)
Back to being just a guy.
No, not that guy. Or that other one either.
mrokern

Postby Shipyard on Mon May 09, 2011 1:37 pm

not familiar but highly intrigued... pics/link??
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby Thunder71 on Mon May 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Don't be discouraged by the 1980's looking photos :)

http://smartcarry.com

A good video with Tim from USCCA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfW0bBgnSFw
Thunder71

Postby cobb on Mon May 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Some people have a real issue with it's location, but done properly the SmartCarry is a very good option. I have carried a P9 on a few occasions, more to test the carry method than anything else and it has worked very well. They use to come in a few different sizes to fit a particular gun size, also a waste size option, but a quick look now looks like just a waste size option. A friend of mine bought a larger size for dual purpose, when he carries a larger handgun as his was designed for, it works just fine. If he was going to carry a smaller framed handgun in the same SmartCarry, he would use a very large safety pin and place the pin through the barrel/muzzle area of the SmartCarry so that a small handgun would not drop too far down inside the holster pocket.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby hammAR on Mon May 09, 2011 5:34 pm

cobb wrote:...........he would use a very large safety pin and place the pin through the barrel/muzzle area .....................

:o ...............that's more dangerous than a loaded weapon............ :shock:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby rugersol on Mon May 09, 2011 5:54 pm

wait jest a second!!! ... that's THUNDERWEAR!!! :geek:
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby Thunder71 on Mon May 09, 2011 6:41 pm

You still specify the gun and barrel length. The only time it changes is if you have one small gun and one large one, then you can get by with one holster using the safety pin method.

Carrying 25 rounds on my crotch tonight, kind of a trip.

13 rounds in the XDM and 12 in a second magazine.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt
Thunder71

Postby mnmike59 on Mon May 09, 2011 6:46 pm

It also doubles as a Wally the beer man Change apron. :P
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Postby Tommy Gun on Mon May 09, 2011 7:30 pm

If only Plaxico had known about this... :?
When you are on the horns of a dilemma, shoot the bull right between the eyes.
Tommy Gun

Postby Thunder71 on Mon May 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Just to clear it up, Thunderwear is a different product - they are similar - but I got the SmartCarry based on reviews from people who have had both and they all prefer the SmartCarry over the Thunderwear... YMMV.
Thunder71

Postby rugersol on Mon May 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Thunder71 wrote:Just to clear it up, Thunderwear is a different product - they are similar - but I got the SmartCarry based on reviews from people who have had both and they all prefer the SmartCarry over the Thunderwear... YMMV.

That's fine ... but then maybe ya should change yer username to Smart71? :geek:
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby Thunder71 on Mon May 09, 2011 8:34 pm

I guess it just so happens there is a product called Thunderwear... hmmm, guess I didn't consider my username in my decision lol.
Thunder71

Postby plblark on Tue May 10, 2011 7:04 am

I got a smart carry holster long ago for demonstration purposes in classes. Never used it much. Perhaps the occasional use where I thought a cursory pat down or lots of hugging and bumping might happen.

Then I decided to try it for a long meeting I was attending where carry was legal but I didn't want to distract from the issue at hand. It worked perfect. J-frame with full sized grips concealed just behind the belt buckle. Was comfortable to carry and didn't dig on me when I sat or moved around. on the way to the car, it was accessible by just pulling the whole rig up a bit, putting the grip above the waist line and blousing my polo over it.

Spoke to a retired state trooper about carry and self defense laws and etc... His comment: Are you packing now? Since the conversation was cordial and he'd shown me his FedLEO and MN permits and generally agreed about gun laws, I admitted I was. He looked and looked and then said: "Ankle?" nope. Checked the belt ... nope. He never did get around to looking at my crotch. Which is the beauty of Smart Carry. People just don't look.

Heck, I've been through cursory pat downs several times where they never came close to the Smart Carry. Sure, the TSA may grope you there but most other places won't.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Next

Return to Accessories