Paddle Holsters?

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Paddle Holsters?

Postby tizzo on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:26 pm

I've been researching paddle holsters the last few days. I've found a good bit of negative feedback on them as far as what's out there for quality and retention. I've looked at the Blackhawk Serpa and Fobus, I see that there's a Blade-Tech out there, but not much as far as reviews.

I'm not set on a paddle holster, what I'm looking for is a quick on/off holster for the workday. I work in an office that requires I dis-arm before entering the premises. I've been carrying my P238 in a pocket holster, but that has been less than desirable as the gun can be difficult to draw with certain pants that I have and that's just unsafe.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Kyle
---------
Tam Recording
tizzo

Re: Paddle Holsters?

Postby Thunder71 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:33 pm

I like paddle holsters for the range, but prefer my Garrett Industries Silent Thunder holsters for carry.

Good retention
Easy on/off
Comfortable
Great quality

The leather lined Kydex is phenomenal, once you try one it's hard to use anything else.
Last edited by Thunder71 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder71

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Almost any of the quality holsters can be had with the clip option for the quick on and off you are looking for. IE this one can have either regular belt loops, snaps over belt or the clips. This one is IWB but same is usually true for OWB if that is what you are looking for.
Attachments
holsterclip.jpg
Last edited by LarryFlew on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Hammer99... on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:36 pm

For a 238 that might be a little tuff....

I love the Safariland thumb break but I don't think they make it in your flavor.
I love it when a plan comes together!
Hammer99...

Postby Shipyard on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:48 pm

check out Side Guard Holsters made by our own Srigs - i'm very partial to the IWB double snap. easy on, eay off if needed and COMFEY let me tell you son... ther isn't much he can't make.

http://sideguardholsters.com/
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby tizzo on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:22 pm

If I do decide to go with OWB holster of some sort, I would just carry my XD9sc, no real reason not to.
Kyle
---------
Tam Recording
tizzo

Postby Hammer99... on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:25 pm

This is exactly why we should all try to bring back the fanny pack....
Hammer99...

Postby tizzo on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Hammer99... wrote:This is exactly why we should all try to bring back the fanny pack....

As long as it's a "tactical" fanny pack. :D
Kyle
---------
Tam Recording
tizzo

Postby yuppiejr on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:07 pm

I saw some guy downtown Minneapolis this morning crossing Hennepin with what looked like a modern evolution of the fanny pack... it was some sort of small cross-the-chest tactical man-purse in digi-camo that screamed concealed carry. If you're trying not to look like you're packing, I suggest against the digital camo tactical man-purse though it honestly looks like a very practical range bag or mag-hauler ( I use an old gas-mask bag for the purpose now and works but the tactical man-purse looked like it's better designed for storage ).
yuppiejr

Postby Hammer99... on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:10 pm

yuppiejr wrote:I saw some guy downtown Minneapolis this morning crossing Hennepin with what looked like a modern evolution of the fanny pack... it was some sort of small cross-the-chest tactical man-purse in digi-camo that screamed concealed carry. If you're trying not to look like you're packing, I suggest against the digital camo tactical man-purse though it honestly looks like a very practical range bag or mag-hauler ( I use an old gas-mask bag for the purpose now and works but the tactical man-purse looked like it's better designed for storage ).

Like this?

Hammer99...

Postby 1911fan on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:16 pm

I have a Galco CCP which is one of their OWB Paddles, I liked it, and I used it as my EDC for maybe 10 years. WHen I was working as contractor on a daily basis, it was on and off sometimes a half dozen times a day. It has a hard plastic paddle that worked fine for me, I did add a layer of moleskin to the paddle because it would slide about sometimes.

I also had a G&G paddle, which has nice leather, but the paddle is much larger, more flexible, and yet, far less comfortable. that has a layer of neoprene on the paddle that is too sticky, and would not move when I moved. Since I got my "Gunny Model" from Vlad, I have stopped carrying anything else. I replaced the hook with a newer one of a kydex sheath i had for a knife. It stays put when you want it there, but with a push down and a twist, it pops free.
1911fan

Postby 45Badger on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:01 am

For my 1911s, I use an old Sparks NP1, which is a paddle with belt snaps. ROCK solid.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... G4-sx26iVg

For my Glocks, nothing beats an Alessi CQCs. A little pricier than the local options, but best in class fit and retention.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... 6rcV4rWlWx
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby mnmike59 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:50 am

If there good enough for Chuck, There awesome for me! :lol:

Heres my personal favorite for the MOA and the Fair.

"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Postby tizzo on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:01 am

mnmike59 wrote:
Heres my personal favorite for the MOA and the Fair.

Who invents these things?
Kyle
---------
Tam Recording
tizzo

Postby JustPlainT on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:17 am

Try looking into Crossbreed Holsters.

They're IWB holster is extremely quick to remove, and carries comfortably. The only knock I have against them is their cant, but that's just my personal preference. You might like them.

I'm also reasonably sure if they don't have a standard one for the gun you want to carry, they can custom build one.
Midwest Defense Institute, LLC
Quality Training at an Affordable Cost
JustPlainT

Next

Return to Accessories