Solid mid-range Timer Recommendations?

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Solid mid-range Timer Recommendations?

Postby cmj685 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:06 pm

Anyone have a recommendation for a good, solid mid-range kind of timer that could be used for personal use? I don't need any piece of rocket science that costs $1000, just something to do some basic timing and random starting kind of things for myself shooting. I am completely ignorant of what is out there, or even what is important in a timer, so thanks for any help and all information!
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Re: Solid mid-range Timer Recommendations?

Postby JoeH on Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby jac714 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:15 pm

JoeH wrote:I recommend the CED7000.

http://www.cedhk.com/show.php/Object700

:iagree: :exactly:

:flag: :salute:
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby Don L on Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:41 am

Yup! My good 'ol CED has been a workhorse, and I would expect the new ones to be the same. There's a new version of the Pocket Pro II, to consider, also.
NRA Regional Training Counselor
MN, IL, & Utah Instructor
Lots of Other Stuff
Minnesota Cary Permit Class - MN Carry Permit .com
Don L

Postby cobb on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:03 am

I have the Pocket Pro and both clubs that I shoot at use them. I have been very satisfied with them and have been checking out others and was looking at the CED 7000 real close. But after reading opinions about them on other forums, mostly good and some bad, I decided against one. The reason why is mostly because they have rechargeable batteries and I don't plan to carry a charger with me and hope I can spare the time to plug it in at the range to charge for an hour. So I think I am going to stick with a time that uses the old 9 volt battery system. The batteries don't cost that much and I only go through 1, maybe 2 a year and if my timer is dead, I just take a 9 volt from my range bag and I am good to go in a couple minutes.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Fast351 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:20 am

I have the Pocket Pro II, been using it at matches for about 3 years without any problems.

I like the one button simplicity. As an SO, the last thing you need is to be fighting with the timer, and the CED7000 requires a push of a reset button to clear it. The digits are too small to read for the scorekeeper too.

That said, if you're not planning on timing any matches with it. I'm sure it's just fine. I do like that you can strap it to your wrist, which leaves both hands free.
Fast351

Postby cobb on Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:18 pm

The regular Pocket Pro is under $100 at Graf & Sons

https://www.grafs.com/dealer/shooting/product/107455

As said, I have been very happy with mine, ease of use, buzzer loudness and I like replaceable 9V battery instead of rechargables.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Return to Accessories