Left Handed holsters

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Left Handed holsters

Postby DitchDR on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Does anbody carry left handed holsters. Went to Cabelas in Owatanna yesterday. There was none. Asked the guy behind the counter if there was any left handed IWB holsters here. He said no but we have ambidextrous belt holsters. I dont want a damned ambi belt holster. Another employee asked if I had any questions. I asked him why retailers are predjudice against left handed shooters and never carry anything for them. He turned and walked away without answering my question. Sorry for the rant.

Back to the question. Where can I get one without ordering directly from the company. Does Streichers or are there other place that have big selections of things in the Metro.
DitchDR

Re: Left Handed holsters

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Streicher's has a couple, not much though... Us lefties are kind of stuck ordering online it seems.
Thunder71

Postby Srigs on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:04 pm

I do have some in stock for various left handed guns. Just would need to know the gun. If I don't have anything in stock I can make you anything you want.
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Re: Re: Left Handed holsters

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Srigs wrote:I do have some in stock for various left handed guns. Just would need to know the gun. If I don't have anything in stock I can make you anything you want.

That's where I went for my XDS, looking forward to it. 8-)

Posted using Tapatalk 2
Thunder71

Postby DitchDR on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:06 pm

I took a look at your website Srigs. Looks like you got some good quality holsters there. I sent you a pm as well.
DitchDR

Postby SavageSmoker on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:55 pm

I am a fellow south paw and got so frustrated with the lack of lefty holsters at retail stores. If they do have any they are crap. Online is the best route to go for anything decent. I ordered one from http://www.hiddenhybridholsters.com for my S&W Shield and love it. Very comfortable and has two carry configs in one holster, can be used as IWB or remove the clips for OWB. Do yourself a favor and stop wasting time looking locally and research online. It sucks to wait and buy sight unseen, but is the best we got. Lots of great options online.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
SavageSmoker

Postby Ironbear on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:29 am

The only thing that stores typically carry in lefty, are the most common holsters for the most common guns (ie. like a Serpa for a Glock) or generic fits-anything holsters pouches.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Drizzle on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:32 pm

I second Srigs as a choice, I have two IWB clip holsters that work great, one for my Smith 642 and one for my 3953. One he had a lefty in stock, at a show, and one was made after exchanging emails with him as to what I wanted, paypalling, and waiting for it to arrive in the mail about a month later, which is way faster than most custom holster makers are if you order online. Plus, you're dealing with the guy that makes them with his own hands, so if there's a little something special you need, you can get it done.
Drizzle

Left Handed holsters

Postby ronin069 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:52 pm

As long as we are making room on the band-wagon. I own two Srigs left handed holster...both amazing quality and comfortable!
"The gun chooses you, you don't choose the gun"
- my wife
ronin069

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:53 am

Being a lefty myself I've just ordered my holsters online...

Sent from my DROIDX
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby darthdahl on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:09 pm

There are a couple for sale in this thread...

http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=22959
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
All-Around Good Guy
darthdahl

Postby mrShinola on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:53 pm

I have a Srigs lefty for a 3" j-frame for sale.
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang-bang switch"
mrShinola

Postby DitchDR on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Thanks but the holsters I'm looking for a Glock 29 and Springfield EMP. I will be ordering them fromSrigs.
DitchDR

Return to Accessories