Strikefire Optics

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Strikefire Optics

Postby maddhunter on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:43 am

Anyone have any info on "Strikefire Vortex Optics"? Palmetto has them on sale for $119.00 which is a breathe of fresh air after the last week of skyrocketing prices on anything gun related. Please only reply if you have firsthand knowledge of product or manufacturer.
maddhunter

Re: Strikefire Optics

Postby Doc Harvey on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:08 am

For the rpice, they're awesome. I had a Vortex Strikefire on my AR intially, but decided I wanted something smaller and went with the Sparc. Both are very good! The only down side (to the Sparc) is that it's easy for the on-off button to get pushed (even if the weapon is cased) and consequnetly, the battery may run down very quickly. Again, for the price, I think Vortex offers great products.
Doc Harvey

Postby promod1385 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:27 am

Vortex is the brand, Strikefire is the model. Vortex is a WI based company with a great reputation. I know on some of there optics they offer a 100% lifetime guarantee (i dont believe it applies to red dots).
promod1385

Postby lucycan on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:41 pm

I've heard only great things about the Strikefire. And that is a good price!
lucycan

Postby EJSG19 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:07 pm

promod1385 wrote:Vortex is the brand, Strikefire is the model. Vortex is a WI based company with a great reputation. I know on some of there optics they offer a 100% lifetime guarantee (i dont believe it applies to red dots).

I also have a SPARC. So far seems good. The lense covers have broken and they sent me new ones but also said the supplied covers are not meant for every day use, only for shipping and storage. They told me i need tk buy aftermarket covers for daily use.

I guess. You dont buy the red dot for the covers...
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby SSBotanyBay on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:31 am

I have a Vortex Strikefire and for the money it is pretty decent. It is kinda nice to be able to toggle back and forth between red and green dots. The only issues that I have with it are the on/off button that someone else already brought up (I take the battery out), the size of the dot (4 MOA), and that it does not gather much light at night. It comes with a pretty decent mount, a 2x magnifier, and yes, batteries are included. I would buy it again if I was looking for a red dot (turns out I really wanted a scope, who knew?).

Do some googling and you may be able to get it cheaper. I got mine for $80 from PSA after a $50 coupon code that was posted on here. Look around and see what you find.
"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."---Thomas Chalmers
SSBotanyBay

Postby heavygunner on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 pm

I just picked up a strikefire and the red dot is like a star burst alonge with the green one? Anyone else experiencing this? Or is it my eyes? Or should I send it back for a new one? I know I should have bought the aimpont pro.
heavygunner

Postby ktech on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Not sure about starburst, but I have noticed the POI seems to shift when you switch from red to green.
Otherwise I like my Strikefire - it's a budget optic and if you treat it as such, you'll enjoy it.
If you expect it to be an $800 EOTech you're in for some disappointment. :D
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
ktech

Postby EJSG19 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:19 am

heavygunner wrote:I just picked up a strikefire and the red dot is like a star burst alonge with the green one? Anyone else experiencing this? Or is it my eyes? Or should I send it back for a new one? I know I should have bought the aimpont pro.

I notice sometimes it helps to look at the red dot outside in normal light, not at the computer desk. My eyes change focus as well sometimes and the dot changes from dot to star.
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby lucycan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Just ordered a Viper PST from Vortex. Looking forward to getting it.
lucycan

Postby AFTERMATH on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:10 pm

EJSG19 wrote:
heavygunner wrote:I just picked up a strikefire and the red dot is like a star burst alonge with the green one? Anyone else experiencing this? Or is it my eyes? Or should I send it back for a new one? I know I should have bought the aimpont pro.

I notice sometimes it helps to look at the red dot outside in normal light, not at the computer desk. My eyes change focus as well sometimes and the dot changes from dot to star.

It's our eyes - And yes it is better in daylight.
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

Postby snlit3 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 pm

good for the money.
snlit3

Postby optimusglen on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:18 pm

I've got one and I like it. I've heard people complain about the battery life, but batteries are cheap and available anywhere (got mine at Target for instance)
optimusglen

Postby heavygunner on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 am

The only thing about the Strikefire is the flip-up lens covers are a pain to snap back into place when done.
heavygunner

Return to Accessories