Scoped Revolver Holsters

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Scoped Revolver Holsters

Postby SSBotanyBay on Fri May 31, 2013 12:26 pm

I plan on taking my Ruger Super Blackhawk bear hunting this year and I am shocked at how few holster options are out there for scoped revolvers. If you own a SBH you know that it is heavy, add a scope and some rings to the equation and carrying on the belt is probably out of the equation. I am a fan of buying things that last and so leather is definitely the direction I am leaning. The best option I have been able to find thus far is the Galco Kodiak Hunter as seen here: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=3462&GunID=262.

What do the rest of you scoped revolver hunters use? Are there better or more high quality options out there?
"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."---Thomas Chalmers
SSBotanyBay

Re: Scoped Revolver Holsters

Postby Ironbear on Fri May 31, 2013 7:49 pm

Freedom Arms has holsters that fit scoped model 83's. Have no idea if they would work with a Blackhawk.

I have been eyeing Simply Rugged holsters too.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Bulldog1856 on Fri May 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Simply rugged holsters are the way to go. Rob Leahy specializes in revolver holsters. I own 3 holsters from rob for my carry guns and I can't say enough good things about them from the price to the quality.
Bulldog1856

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:27 am

Check out Pistol Packaging out of Maple Plain, usually at the local gun shows, make a solid product and I have very happy with the fit for my BFR. BFR would be the same as your blackhawk, just bigger :D so I would think if they could make a good one for that they should be able to make the same thing only smaller.
Holland&Holland

Return to Accessories