ms clean, mag shaped cleaning kit

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Postby gunforhire on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:19 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/823246061/ms-clean-the-magazine-shaped-cleaning-kit?ref=live

I had the privledge of speaking with Peter Palma of top shot fame on the phone for over a hour about his kickstarter project, which I really think is a novel Idea. More importantaly, I want one. I reached out to him over this and he called me right after work. what a awesome guy!

check this article out from RECOIL
http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/RECOIL-Peter-Palmas-MS-Clean-Magazine-shaped-Cleaning-Kit-618x412.jpg

he also has a video about it on the kickstarter page, but you shoud watch this one too. Mainly because you are thinking" it looks like a mag and i don't want to put it in my gun"

Anyway, I love the idea and I hope he makes his goal in time

If you make a contribution, remember if he makes the goal, you get the product at a discount....mainly because you just pre-ordered it!
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Re: ms clean, mag shaped cleaning kit

Postby gunforhire on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

I contributed today. they also made their goal. can't wait to do a review or just use it
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

gunforhire

Postby 870TC on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Available for sale yet????/
870TC

Postby CarRacer on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:59 pm

The kickstarter will get updated with the progress on production so that the people who gave them money know what's happening. If you're curious, that's probably the best place to check for info.
CarRacer

Postby westhope on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:38 am

A heavy cloth bag, a size that would fit a mag pouch, would do a better job of holding the cleaning supplies.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby mmcnx2 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:53 am

Another solution looking for a problem. There are a bunch of ways to pack cleaning kit, I see nothing useful about making it look like mag.

But I'm sure there will be a lot of Zombie hunters looking to complete their ensemble.
mmcnx2

Postby gunforhire on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:38 pm

you guys may not care or may think the idea is bogus, but they are beginning to ship now. review to follow.

gunforhire

Postby gunforhire on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:56 pm

It made it on monday, I like it so far. It also seems to handle below zero and a Ford well :D

I left it outside overnight before I ran it over with my truck and a f450

gunforhire

Postby Erud on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:12 pm

gunforhire wrote:Image
It made it on monday, I like it so far. It also seems to handle below zero and a Ford well :D

I left it outside overnight before I ran it over with my truck and a f450

Apparently your gun cleaning needs are very different from mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erud

Postby gunforhire on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Erud wrote:

it depends on how you are intreprting the picture I guess. you got a better way to test the polymer than -0 temps and a crush test? hammer will break it.

Also, clearly you never seen anyone run over a glock or a magpul magazine either :lol:

gunforhire

Postby mmcnx2 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:53 pm

gunforhire wrote:
Erud wrote:

it depends on how you are intreprting the picture I guess. you got a better way to test the polymer than -0 temps and a crush test? hammer will break it.

Also, clearly you never seen anyone run over a glock or a magpul magazine either :lol:

You know I just take better care of my stuff, I've yet to run over a mag, gun or a cleaning rod in the 40 years I've been shooting.

Again I'm sure the Ninja's are thrilled, but I''ll repeat dumb, just dumb.
mmcnx2

Postby Erud on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:12 pm

gunforhire wrote:
Erud wrote:

I guess that's kind of what I mean. Surviving 0° temps and being run over by trucks are not criteria that any of my cleaning gear needs to meet. I mostly just need for it to clean stuff.

Erud

Postby gunforhire on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Erud wrote:
gunforhire wrote:
Erud wrote:

I guess that's kind of what I mean. Surviving 0° temps and being run over by trucks are not criteria that any of my cleaning gear needs to meet. I mostly just need for it to clean stuff.

Seems like we use our cleaning kits for the same stuff as it appears :)

But it seems the point was lost here. the product is designed to be able to handle abuse. so I verified that claim, to the benifit of the creators.

gunforhire

Postby Erud on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:57 pm

gunforhire wrote:
Erud wrote:
gunforhire wrote:[quote="Erud"]

Seems like we use our cleaning kits for the same stuff as it appears :)

But it seems the point was lost here. the product is designed to be able to handle abuse. so I verified that claim, to the benifit of the creators.[/quote]

I get that part, I just don't see what value the toughness adds to a cleaning kit.

Erud

Postby gunforhire on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:18 pm

they were designed for soldiers in mind, not as much civillians so they had all they wanted in a kit, plus hard cleaning rods. from the kickstarter page:

This uniquely designed case solves a major equipment problem our soldiers and Marines have encountered over the past decade - a place to store vital and potentially life saving items used to maintain their rifle. Before they were able to store in their standard buttstock. Now that their equipment has changed, that storage is becoming less of an option.

This case will fit into any pouch/carrier/bag/pocket which fits a soldier's standard magazine.

I dont own it to cause anyone joy but me. I don't know how much more joy i will get out of this from any other cleaning kit, but IMO, it beats OTIS as far as my needs. They will be doing a double thickness kit this spring, and I will be getting a couple for small first aid kits

gunforhire

Return to Accessories