Vortex SPARC for $9.99?!?

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Postby madFatter on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:58 pm

None of my friends even know what a red dot is, had to share with someone. Stopped in at Frontiersman today to just have a look around. Found a lonely SPARC sitting on top of a pile of drum mags in back. Picked it up out of curiosity and the first thing I see is a price tag marked $9.99... Pressed the power button and it lit up, figured it had to be a mistake. I brought it up to the counter and they verified the price was right, but said it would not power on. I showed him that it did in fact power on but wouldn't seem to power off. Everyone took a turn trying to shut it off, no go. I said if they will sell it for $10, I'd take it either way. While waiting to be rung up, I pulled the battery out hoping to power it off but it came right back on when I put it back. The guy at the register took another 20% off for that... $8.50 out the door. Fiddled with it when I got in my car, seems the problem was it likes the battery cap to be extra tight. Works perfect now. Only has the high mount but it came with a killflash. Still can't stop smiling ear to ear. Anniversary is in 2 weeks, I'm going to have a happy wife. :D
20130808_203325[1].jpg
madFatter

Re: Vortex SPARC for $9.99?!?

Postby catalyst686 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Nice score, if something ever does go wrong with it Vortex has awesome customer service.
catalyst686

Postby dtapper2 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Vortex has a no questions asked lifetime warranty. Good score indeed. I've even heard of vortex not requesting the old, broken product back. But that was years ago, probably not going to happen anymore.
If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
dtapper2

Postby FJ540 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:05 am

Sweet deal!
FJ540

Postby AFTERMATH on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Wow! Sounds like you got, got. But since it pains me so to see a fellow gun owner hurt. I'd be willing to take it off your hands for $15.

;)
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

Postby MnHornet on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Hold down the power button to shut it off. Can't believe they were too stupid to call Vortex. I'm a little jelly about this, the sparc is a great sight.
Proud to be Deplorable.
MnHornet

Postby rukwikenuf on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:43 pm

madFatter wrote:None of my friends even know what a red dot is, had to share with someone. Stopped in at Frontiersman today to just have a look around. Found a lonely SPARC sitting on top of a pile of drum mags in back. Picked it up out of curiosity and the first thing I see is a price tag marked $9.99... Pressed the power button and it lit up, figured it had to be a mistake. I brought it up to the counter and they verified the price was right, but said it would not power on. I showed him that it did in fact power on but wouldn't seem to power off. Everyone took a turn trying to shut it off, no go. I said if they will sell it for $10, I'd take it either way. While waiting to be rung up, I pulled the battery out hoping to power it off but it came right back on when I put it back. The guy at the register took another 20% off for that... $8.50 out the door. Fiddled with it when I got in my car, seems the problem was it likes the battery cap to be extra tight. Works perfect now. Only has the high mount but it came with a killflash. Still can't stop smiling ear to ear. Anniversary is in 2 weeks, I'm going to have a happy wife. :D
20130808_203325[1].jpg

i'll give you $20 for it, instant profit!
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:23 pm

I'll take it!

PM.. wait, wrong forum. :oops:
Thunder71

Return to Accessories