Alien Gear Holsters

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Alien Gear Holsters

Postby goatroper on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Just ordered one of these to take a look and see what kind of holster you get for 30 bucks.
Any one else give these a try yet??? https://aliengearholsters.com/
"Tell me... do you like music, Mr. Finch?"
goatroper

Re: Alien Gear Holsters

Postby Scratch on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Looks like a decent hybrid holster for the money, and the warranty and replacement kydex thing is a good deal! The only thing I don't like about it is there's no cant adjustment.

EDIT: I now see that there is cant adjustment...

Steel clips, adjustable cant and height adjustment, tuckable, great warranty, real cheap, free kydex swaps for life, looks good to me! Let us know if the leather dye bleeds onto your tightie whities.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Irish.40 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:16 pm

I also just ordered on of these. Looking forward to trying it out since my king tuck is falling apart.
Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -James Madison
Irish.40

Postby goatroper on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Mine on order is for a PPK, Did go for the option of having the leather backer in black so will see what kind of dye transfer I get.
Waiting to see what it is like before I get one for a 1911
goatroper

RE: Alien Gear Holsters

Postby gunforhire on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:46 pm

I ordered one on Friday for my full size 1911 in brown. We shall see what happens, by it really looks good, is us made and are somehow a part of old faithful holsters
Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Alien Gear Holsters

Postby gun_fan111 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:45 am

Part of old faithful? Maybe OF won the lawsuit since Alien Gear looks like a complete knock-off :)
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby Scratch on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:33 am

I don't see them as a complete knock off... I mean they look like most other hybrid holster manufacturers out there. There's only so much you can do to a holster IMO...
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby goatroper on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:59 am

Just got mine in the post. Seems to be well made and I'm happy with it. Will have to give it a couple of weeks in use and then report on what I think after using it.
goatroper

Alien Gear Holsters

Postby gun_fan111 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Scratch wrote:I don't see them as a complete knock off... I mean they look like most other hybrid holster manufacturers out there. There's only so much you can do to a holster IMO...

All holsters are similar, but this one has the same exact tension system as OF and their selling points are exactly the same and even presented in the same sequence if I remember right.

I think it is a fine holster, but they could have been a bit less obvious.
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby Irish.40 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Just received mine today. Looks and feels great. I like it much better than my king tuk. I love that the kydex fully covers the front sight. The leather and kydex are thicker as well. Yet feels thinner on the waist. So far, the only down side is the clip screws do catch the jeans while installing. Making it a 2 handed job. I really like the extra hardware that was included!
Glock 23
Hornady JHP
Crossbreed Belt
Blackhawk Serpa Level II
"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -James Madison
Irish.40

Postby Squib Joe on Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Got one for my PMR30 because nobody else seemed to have one. Very impressed, especially for the price. I suggest ordering the leather loops instead of using the clips
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby CraigJS on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:11 am

Just ordered one for my PCR. I have an Old Faithful IWB for another pistol so it will be interesting to see if there is a difference.
CraigJS

Re: RE: Alien Gear Holsters

Postby gunforhire on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:19 pm

gunforhire wrote:I ordered one on Friday for my full size 1911 in brown. We shall see what happens, by it really looks good, is us made and are somehow a part of old faithful holsters
Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

I got mine monday, and it has been on my hip save for last night in bed with and without the gun. the leather is thicker, so is the kydex, but it conceals actually better than my Galco stow n go ever did at 4 o clock. I also havent gotten a sore hip or back with the 1911 on. Reholstering is very possible, but you definitly need to look the gun back in. I have a feeling I sould have gotten the leather belt loops, but so far the metal ones arent wrecking the 5.11 TDU belt I have been wearing all week. I am going to try it with a better belt tomorrow, but this thing has been rock solid. Tucking the shirt in has been easy with my work shirts anyway. the only time I have printed was when I bent and twisted at the same time with my full sized 191. I am going to give it a couple more weeks to break in and see what happens before I write a more thourough review
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby The Lance on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:41 pm

got mine today ordered one with the standard tan because i'm cheap. Seems to be good to go so far.

I like all the adjustments I can make with it as I can loosen it a bit more then I can other holsters for a quicker draw in competition and less wear on my glock frame. Yes I care about wear on my gun. I have used a remora for over a year now and I have been nothing but happy with it.

But so far so good on the Alien gear. Very very good quality for the price
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby CraigJS on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Received mine today. (Friday) Easily equal to my Crossbreed and my Old Faithful holsters. From order to my getting it in the mail was quicker then either the CB or OF, and at a better price..
CraigJS

Next

Return to Accessories