Headlamp Recommendation

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Re: Headlamp Recommendation

Postby westberg on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:54 pm

It does sound like we're making it more complicated then what is being asked for. I was not able to come up with anything better then what has been mentioned. It is faster and most likely cheaper to just go to Walmart or Cabela's and pick something up.

I did include a link to the Pentagon Molle light we carry, it uses 1 AA battery. It is not a headlamp, the reason I didn't mention it but may be an option.
http://www.unholstered.com/webstore/pro ... 350&page=1
westberg

Postby Pinnacle on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:36 am

hammAR wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:Energizer makes a unit that is like $12 at wal mart.

It does run on AAA's - but here is the thing - batteries last like forever. You can send extra batteries with the units.

CR123's are great - but are also hard to get forward (we are asked to send them over all the time) not to mention you can buy 6 AAA's for the cost of one CR123.

I have had the aforementioned unit for 6 years and it works well and offers plenty of useable light. I bring mine hunting with me and it always works well.

You are right on with the Energizer unit, being a Corpshead I assumed that it was going to be used incountry for more than latrine breaks......what kind of Scotch do you drink, I will buy you one................. :lol:

We try to provide simple solutions to elegant problems......

As for the Scotch Gunny, I will gladly have whatever you are buying.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby Ironbear on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:36 pm

Mu 2¢. Princeton Tek makes some AA powered headlamps. Haven't used any of the headlamps personally, but they make pretty decent dive lights.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby westberg on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Dean, now that this has ran around in circles, what is needed. It is just for one guy or also some of his buddies? Should we just pick up a headlamp at Walmart and get it to you for shipment?
I hate to see it drop if the guy's need something.
westberg

Postby DeanC on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:11 pm

He hasn't gotten back to me yet. Still waiting.

We sent him one package already with his chair a bunch of stuff he didn't ask for.

I'll let you know when he gets back to me.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby rtk on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:55 pm

DeanC wrote:He hasn't gotten back to me yet. Still waiting.

We sent him one package already with his chair a bunch of stuff he didn't ask for.

I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

I had a friend that was deployed with the RedBulls and we put a package together for him, it turned out that the best thing that we put in the box was a harmonica. He said that they had great fun swapping spit on that thing on their downtime.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby sochr000 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:21 pm

Although I never went to Iraq/Afghanistan, I do know that any and all care packages are appreciated, if you're going to send the guy something, let me know and I will pitch in to get him something good (assuming you guys have paypal), no sense spending shipping on something we get at WalMart.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
God (From Futurama)

"Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography."
--Paul Rodriguez
sochr000

Postby GordyTheCook on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:16 pm

I had one for a wile with a red led as wall it as great.

I've used the CR123 from battaryjunction and they r good and cheep.

I'm in on a group buy and I don't know if they smoke but I hear allot of guys like cigars out there. I'd like to send them some if your doing a package
GordyTheCook

Postby DeanC on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 pm

He said at the moment not send a bunch of headlamps as they are turning over the divisions and he's not sure who's staying.

I think what I'll do is grab a few of the energizer lamps (I have one already too Pinnacle) and a couple of those long sticks of AAA batteries from Costco and throw them in a flat-rate box.

I'm headed out of town tomorrow early but will be back on Monday and I'll check in maybe Tuesday after I get a chance to go to Wally World.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Previous

Return to Accessories