LED Headlamps

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Re: LED Headlamps

Postby Hmac on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:10 am

gunsmith wrote:The Korean car makers ought to use the slogan 'Not made with Communist Slave Labor' :) ....which is something that Apple can't do. ;)

Without that "slave labor", those people wouldn't have jobs at all. I don't see how that
helps.
Hmac

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:28 am

My daughter got a LED 700 lumen headlamp at a mountain bike shop.
Comes with its own battery and all mounting straps.
OldmanFCSA

Postby bullets on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:41 am

Squib Joe wrote:I have a Fenix HL-30 as well and I like it a lot. The light is a little bigger than a Zippo and 200 lumens

+1 for the Fenix HL-30.
I think the FourSevens new headlight kit requires a special sleeze to hold the flashlight so if you lose the sleeve you are SOL.
bullets

Postby Ironbear on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:14 pm

bullets wrote:
Squib Joe wrote:I have a Fenix HL-30 as well and I like it a lot. The light is a little bigger than a Zippo and 200 lumens

+1 for the Fenix HL-30.
I think the FourSevens new headlight kit requires a special sleeze to hold the flashlight so if you lose the sleeve you are SOL.

I don't want any sleeze, special or otherwise, holding my flashight! :twisted: ;)
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby FJ540 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:22 am

Gutting a deer with Misha got me to reconsider my headlamp aversion. Since my MIL hates guns, I figured I'd get one as something they could give me for Christmas. I picked up a HP25 off amazon's warehouse deals for $52 "as-new" condition. Should be here by the end of the week.
FJ540

Postby FJ540 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:50 pm

The Fenix showed up today, and I have to say I'm impressed!

The flood light is plenty bright to do general work, and goes dim enough to where it shouldn't impact night vision while still providing enough light to see. The spot is the same output as my favorite flashlight, so that's pretty cool having it hands free.

The weight of the unit with the 4AA's isn't as noticeable as I was thinking it would be. With the head harness, it wears well. Very comfortable and firmly attached without needing so much pressure as to feel the "squeeze".

My only complaint is that there's no way to deal with a ball cap without wearing the hat backwards. Us bald guys need to keep the melon protected from errant branches. ;)
FJ540

Postby farmerj on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:45 pm

the one I use on the semi. Had it for 2 years now. Used 2 sets of batteries in it. I do most of my maintenance with this light close at hand.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Energizer-HDL ... t/10233058
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby mc762x54R on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:05 pm

I've got 2 Petzyls..one runs on 3 AAA and the other came with a rechargeable lithium battery.

The batteries in the aaa one leaked after 3+ years of ice fishing and occasional home use, but didn't otherwise need to be replaced

The Lithium one has a USB charge port, and you can program the light profiles you want from a computer. For high I picked maximum output, and for 'low' I picked the lowest light power but >100 hours of life. I've recharged that one a few times, but its never gone out yet.
mc762x54R

Postby patrick on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:14 pm

I think Streamlight makes a couple models.Good stuff and great warranty if you need it.
I live in Bloomington Mn!!!!
patrick

Previous

Return to Accessories