3 Gun cart

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

3 Gun cart

Postby CarRacer on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:05 am

I started work on retrofitting a jogging stroller into a 3 Gun cart after seeing a thread on it over on the BrianEnos forums. After trolling craigslist for a week I found a good candidate, for a paltry $8 I had a cart and she even delivered it to my work. After removing the fabric from the center of the cart, I had ample space to create a platform to hold my range bag. The sun shade was even mounted separately so I was able to retain it.

My goals for the cart are to carry my range bag, my ammo for the match, and hold a shotgun and rifle. I figured a flat platform would be best suited to hold my range bag, so I made a cardboard template and then used air shears to cut some sheet metal into the shape I needed. To carry my ammo, I made an ammo box carrier out of angle iron and square tubing. I figured the location will not only be out of the way it will also act as ballast for the cart to counteract the long guns being held up high and causing a tipping hazard.

I plan on adding a rail around the platform so that my stuff doesn't slide off the edge during transportation. I'm also going to make another ammo box mount on the other side but instead of welding it on it will bolt to the platform to allow removal of the platform if needed. The long gun mounts also need to be fabricated as well. Once all of the welding is finished I will paint over the primer in whatever color is on the shelf at the shop. The cart even folds down most of the way with the platform in the way, I tried to minimize the interference while maximizing the platform area. I think I made a good balance there. The rear wheels have quick disconnects as well, so the folded size can be smaller yet.

I'll update this thread when I complete further work on the cart but wanted to share my progress so far and see if anybody had ideas on improvement.

Thanks.
CarRacer

Re: 3 Gun cart

Postby igofast on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:58 am

Awesome. Already jealous. I wussed out and bought a 'made for' solution that I found in Cabela's bargain cave after trying to retrofit a stroller with off the shelf parts.
igofast

Postby Gregg913 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:18 pm

guncart.jpg
gun cart.jpg

loved your idea, i used it to build mine! :D
Gregg913

Postby CarRacer on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:33 pm

Cool cart, it's not my idea though. I just followed what I saw on Brianenos.com, just like you did.

I finished up my cart this weekend. I ended up making my own long gun mounts using plumbing standoffs and 1/4" square tubing.

CarRacer

Postby goatroper on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Holy large photos, not sure if it me, or not but cant get them small enough to see how it ended up.
"Tell me... do you like music, Mr. Finch?"
goatroper

Postby Dakotared on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Right click on them and select view image to see them.
Dakotared

Postby Gregg913 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:55 pm

i like how it turned out! :D
Gregg913

Postby tator2k on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:48 am

I was able to pick one of these up at a garage sale for a similar conversion. Hopefully I can get something done by the next Bang Ping.
tator2k

Return to Accessories