Shotgun Light Mount and Light - economical

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Shotgun Light Mount and Light - economical

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Wondering what some of you use to attach a flashlight to your HD Shotgun. Also, understanding you can spend a ton on a light, wondering if there are any shock resistant lights out there worth a damn that can be had relatively inexpensively.

I and my cousin are looking to add the capability to our Mossberg 500s. Pressure switch?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Shotgun Light Mount and Light - economical

Postby solidgun on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:24 pm

What is economical? I see $120 Streamlight as economical for the shock resistance it offers compared to Surefire.
Anything low end will not last too long so I don't see why they would be economical. But TLR-1 is very effective.

I have seen people post pictures of their basic light and attachment setup, but when you ask some of them, they have let me know that they haven't shot it yet or it has a few rounds through. I don't always follow up on these with questions, but I have asked enough to somewhat see the pattern of failure.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Postby TTS on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:35 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Wondering what some of you use to attach a flashlight to your HD Shotgun. Also, understanding you can spend a ton on a light, wondering if there are any shock resistant lights out there worth a damn that can be had relatively inexpensively.

I and my cousin are looking to add the capability to our Mossberg 500s. Pressure switch?

Thanks for your thoughts.

What is your budget $100-150 / $150-$250 /$250-300 ?
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Maybe the better title should have been "WHAT'S YOUR HD SHOTGUN LIGHT SETUP - MOUNT AND LIGHT?"

Part of the question is to understand what the budget should be. Are the "barrel clamp" type light mounts effective at ~$14? Are there any lights out there that can withstand the shock of repeated shotgun blasts and not cost $120?

So I guess what I'm asking is what setups do people out there have that works and what did it cost and what are the components? I don't want to start on the low end only to find out that it doesn't work, so even though inexpensive, it has low value in the long run if I have to test 3-4 lights and mounts to get something that someone else put together that works.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Squib Joe on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:30 pm

Bill's Gun Shop stocks the Nebo Redline with clamp mount for 60 bucks. 220 lumens, strobe, and pressure switch included. We've had good luck with them

https://www.nebotools.com/prod_details. ... 73&cid=29#
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Return to Accessories