Bore Cleaning devices

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Bore Cleaning devices

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:49 am

I just ordered 3 sizes of "boresnakes" for about $3/each piece - how likely am I to be disappointed that the quality isn't eh same as a Hoppes that retails for 4 times that much?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Bore Cleaning devices

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:31 am

You are braver than I am - I imagined one of these rip and get stock inside the barrel, then coughed up $15 for the original :)
gun_fan111v2

Re: Bore Cleaning devices

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:10 am

We will see when they arrive. I'm assuming that the originals need to be manufactured somewhere - probably in China- and that the Chinese aren't afraid to pirate market either the same product without the branding or a knock off based on the specs of the name brand.

Was wondering if anyone had already ordered them from Amazon.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby grimbeaver on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:43 pm

So far I've liked my Otis Ripcord. It seems more durable than the boresnake. Time will tell. I will never by a boresnake viper again. The little plastic tip came off on my 22lr one and it became worthless.

Definitely let us know though. My shotgun ones get dirty fast and don't wash up the best.
grimbeaver

Postby Sigfan220 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:23 am

grimbeaver wrote:So far I've liked my Otis Ripcord. It seems more durable than the boresnake. Time will tell. I will never by a boresnake viper again. The little plastic tip came off on my 22lr one and it became worthless.

Definitely let us know though. My shotgun ones get dirty fast and don't wash up the best.

For shotgun the big fuzzy cleaners work well for oiling the barrel and powder. I just put oil right on the fuzzy part instead of the oil adapter they supply. I have used one for years. For wad fouling I really think you need a 10ga brush and a wad fouling specific solvent(if you shoot a lot).

This is what I use for shotgun. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/14711 ... ing-rod-35
Sigfan220

Postby BuckKlier on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 pm

I have several of these from China. so far so good.
BuckKlier

Return to Accessories