Recommend a laser target training system

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Recommend a laser target training system

Postby Lumpy on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:54 pm

Lots of options, not sure which to choose. LaserLyte dominates the field but maybe you've been pleased by another brand? Within reasonable limits, I'd rather pay more for a good system than less for a crappy system. I'd prefer the kind with a laser cartridge so I can train with my everyday carry gun.
Lumpy

Re: Recommend a laser target training system

Postby Ghost on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:02 pm

I have pretty much everything laserlyte makes and am satisfied. Only complaint is that I can't leave batteries in the cartridge.

If you go that route use camelcamelcamel.com and figure out your Amazon buy prices and set watches on them. I did that and got the stuff for very reasonable prices vs msrp.
Ghost

Postby crookedbarrelpete on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:42 am

Take a look at L.A.S.R. I've had my range set up for a year and a half. Works great as a basic range to run drills. Not as graphical like you might find with the Smokeless Range but then again, LASR is much more affordable. I do use both Laser Ammo as well as a SIRT. A friend of mine did the Smokeless Range a while back and has good results, more targeting options. These training systems are pretty convenient to have the option when you have a small time window & want to stay sharp. One thing I like is doing drills & being able to try different clothing options, esp. as we transition to cold with more layers, etc.
crookedbarrelpete

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:20 am

Tried several and like the surestrike laser ammo the best for ammo but almost any other brand of target. probably do more practice with the cartridges and small white targets than the electronic target I have which is laserlyte.
Last edited by LarryFlew on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Ghost on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:51 am

I had these in my office and an employee to set them back up. :twisted: Got them for $60 on Amazon.
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Ghost

Return to Accessories