O/U Cases?

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Re: O/U Cases?

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:45 am

My wife ordered me one as a gift about 10 years ago, I will ask her from where. It has a green canvas cover to it with leather in the corners and I think it was 50ish. Has spacers in side to size to different length barrels. I like it. It has held up well. I like it being compact when broken down. A lot of guys on here who can't seem to hold onto a gun. Do you drop your carry gun too when holstering it? :twisted:
Holland&Holland

Postby hammAR on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:29 pm

:rotf:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby FJ540 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:52 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:
Well there is your problem, spend $5K - $15K on the shotgun, then the case looks like a bargain.

It'd still have my booger hook to blame for missing, so I'm going with cheap entertainment instead of guns I can't take off the property without letting my insurance company know they're on the move. :lol:

I obliterated the scrap sheet metal I shot it at for the 4 rounds I've put through it so far. Not sure I'd appreciate 10x the cost to save a pound or two. Couldn't even see the point of spending $1500 for my level er, lack of skill.
FJ540

Postby Sigfan220 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:My wife ordered me one as a gift about 10 years ago, I will ask her from where. It has a green canvas cover to it with leather in the corners and I think it was 50ish. Has spacers in side to size to different length barrels. I like it. It has held up well. I like it being compact when broken down. A lot of guys on here who can't seem to hold onto a gun. Do you drop your carry gun too when holstering it? :twisted:

No but we don't take the gun apart every time we reholster either. I bet if you did you'd see a lot more people drop guns.
Sigfan220

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:59 pm

Sigfan220 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:My wife ordered me one as a gift about 10 years ago, I will ask her from where. It has a green canvas cover to it with leather in the corners and I think it was 50ish. Has spacers in side to size to different length barrels. I like it. It has held up well. I like it being compact when broken down. A lot of guys on here who can't seem to hold onto a gun. Do you drop your carry gun too when holstering it? :twisted:

No but we don't take the gun apart every time we reholster either. I bet if you did you'd see a lot more people drop guns.

I doubt it. People have been breaking down doubles for a long time and putting them in cases without dropping them.

If you are dropping your gun you are doing it wrong.
Holland&Holland

Postby FJ540 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:42 am

Since I have nerve damage and my hands are effed up from it, there's a good chance I might drop it. But that chance doesn't increase or decrease with how many pieces it's in at the time. I guess I'll have to take my chances (just like every time I handle anything). At least it's not a 15K gun, right? :roll:

Looked at some soft cases today at a couple places and wasn't inspired by much. There's a nice Beretta (made in china) case at Cabela's in Rogers, but they didn't have a price on it and I wasn't in the mood to track down a scanner. I have a Beretta branded range bag that's got all my video camera stuff in it, and that's a nice one. It came from Sportsmans Warehouse (when they used to be local :( ).
FJ540

Postby hammAR on Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:05 am

Pretty good soft case -
Uncle Mike's Over/Under Premium Shotgun Case
around $35-40 - 33 1⁄2" x 10 1⁄2"

All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:03 am

FJ540 wrote:Since I have nerve damage and my hands are effed up from it, there's a good chance I might drop it. But that chance doesn't increase or decrease with how many pieces it's in at the time. I guess I'll have to take my chances (just like every time I handle anything). At least it's not a 15K gun, right? :roll:

Looked at some soft cases today at a couple places and wasn't inspired by much. There's a nice Beretta (made in china) case at Cabela's in Rogers, but they didn't have a price on it and I wasn't in the mood to track down a scanner. I have a Beretta branded range bag that's got all my video camera stuff in it, and that's a nice one. It came from Sportsmans Warehouse (when they used to be local :( ).

Sorry about my previous info. Checked with my wife, it was from Orvis, does not appear on their site that they carry that model any longer. The previously reported 50ish may have been my wife reporting her purchase prices to me similar to how I report gun purchase costs to her. Lots of rounding down involved. :)
Holland&Holland

Postby FJ540 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:49 am

The Beretta one is $70 through Cabela's per their website.

Orvis probably raised prices in the past decade, especially with the devaluation of our currency under the out-going jackwad in the WH.

I'm not sure what I'll do. I've got all winter to think about it. :lol:
FJ540

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:01 am

I use a Boyt canvas shotgun case. I have a friend who uses the SKB you linked and he likes it. He got his and Gander, probably paid more but he had a gift card to spend.

The advantage to breaking it down is it fits in a shorter case which could be a big plus for some people with small vehicles.
grimbeaver

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:10 am

grimbeaver wrote:I use a Boyt canvas shotgun case. I have a friend who uses the SKB you linked and he likes it. He got his and Gander, probably paid more but he had a gift card to spend.

The advantage to breaking it down is it fits in a shorter case which could be a big plus for some people with small vehicles.

Even with a larger vehicle, fits in more spaces. Plus it makes you look fancy.
Holland&Holland

Postby FJ540 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:18 am

I've got room. Smaller case lets you get from my safe to the truck easier. ;)
FJ540

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:50 pm

FJ540 wrote:Image

I've got room. Smaller case lets you get from my safe to the truck easier. ;)

I dunno, looks like there is a tree in the way of fully opening your door, with the compact case you only have to open it part way ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby FJ540 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
I dunno, looks like there is a tree in the way of fully opening your door, with the compact case you only have to open it part way ;)

:lol: That's the trickery of photography. I had plenty of room to open the doors.

My 54" double gun hard case is a pain to get in and out of the back seat though. The handle ends up in the middle of the cab so you have to climb up to reach it. Smaller cases don't have this problem.

And yes, that means I already have a case which fits the Stoger fully assembled. It's usually got 2 AR's in it whenever it's out of the house.
FJ540

Previous

Return to Accessories