DELETE

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

DELETE

Postby bluto on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:53 pm

done
Last edited by bluto on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bluto

Re: Cutting down a hand guard ?

Postby FJ540 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:58 pm

Help me out here...

You have a super short barrel, then put a 2.5" tube on the end of it. Why?

I've cut handguards before. It's cheaper to buy one that fits unless you can do the cutting and filing yourself - then it's whatever you want to do. You'll still eliminate the anodizing on the end and the finish (sheen) of the material where it's removed won't match. This can be further corrected with more work with Cerakote or the likes as it'll need blasting first for proper adhesion.
FJ540

Postby prushin on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:13 pm

I'm going to bet he doesn't like the fireball and/or the smell and debris when he's shooting.

I just had someone check the NcStar we put in a 7.5" SBR last week and the internal diameter was 1.836". That one has a Griffin Blast Shield on the muzzle.

Checked the quad-rail on my pistol and it was 1.875".

NcStar isn't an expensive brand so you're looking at about $60 for a 10" key-mod hand guard.

I'm with FJ450 on it being PITA to hand cut one down... without a lathe. Refinishing it would be dependent upon how well you want it to match.

TLDR...You're better off just buying one. Take the gun or a set of calipers with you and ask to see what is available and make sure it fits.
prushin

Postby FJ540 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Flash cans cause fireballs, they don't prevent them. "Flaming Pig" is an earned name, not ironic.
FJ540

Postby bluto on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:55 am

prushin wrote:I'm going to bet he doesn't like the fireball and/or the smell and debris when he's shooting.

I just had someone check the NcStar we put in a 7.5" SBR last week and the internal diameter was 1.836". That one has a Griffin Blast Shield on the muzzle.

Checked the quad-rail on my pistol and it was 1.875".

NcStar isn't an expensive brand so you're looking at about $60 for a 10" key-mod hand guard.

I'm with FJ450 on it being PITA to hand cut one down... without a lathe. Refinishing it would be dependent upon how well you want it to match.

TLDR...You're better off just buying one. Take the gun or a set of calipers with you and ask to see what is available and make sure it fits.

Thanks and yeah I did find a nice 10" keymod so bought one and it's on the way.

FJ, if you don't know what a flash can is for ya might want to google that.... :P
bluto

Postby FJ540 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 pm

I know what a flash can is, I just can't figure out why anyone would want one. ;)
FJ540

Postby Squib Joe on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 am

No matter what some people might think, I maintain that "I like how it looks" is a perfectly valid reason to put something on a firearm.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Return to Accessories