IWB holster

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Re: IWB holster

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu May 04, 2017 9:37 am

Have never used anything but a belt clip IWB holster with the clip having a "J" hook at the bottom to make sure it can't pull up/out. Shove it in your wasitband in 10 seconds and you're G2G. All the extra stiff leather and snaps to hold the gun on the belt have unwanted side effects, and they are comfort and concealability. The comfort is pretty self-explanatory, and the concealability is best explained with one photo:

This is a SAR K2 45 with 15 rounds of 45 ACP ammo in it, and the holster is a soft leather one weighing maybe 3 ounces and having the necessary J hook on the clip.
In place, the gun mooshes into my aging 800 lb. troll love handles, and it's damn near invisible under a t-shirt. This is the exact opposite of a mini .380 or 9mm autoloader with 15 rounds of 45 ACP ammo in it, and there's just nothing you can see from the outside.

Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

IWB holster

Postby INOR on Sat May 06, 2017 8:30 pm

You carry that well, Sam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby yukonjasper on Sat May 06, 2017 11:34 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Have never used anything but a belt clip IWB holster with the clip having a "J" hook at the bottom to make sure it can't pull up/out. Shove it in your wasitband in 10 seconds and you're G2G. All the extra stiff leather and snaps to hold the gun on the belt have unwanted side effects, and they are comfort and concealability. The comfort is pretty self-explanatory, and the concealability is best explained with one photo:

This is a SAR K2 45 with 15 rounds of 45 ACP ammo in it, and the holster is a soft leather one weighing maybe 3 ounces and having the necessary J hook on the clip.
In place, the gun mooshes into my aging 800 lb. troll love handles, and it's damn near invisible under a t-shirt. This is the exact opposite of a mini .380 or 9mm autoloader with 15 rounds of 45 ACP ammo in it, and there's just nothing you can see from the outside.

I'm surprised it isn't cocked.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

IWB holster

Postby INOR on Sun May 07, 2017 7:18 am

yukonjasper wrote:I'm surprised it isn't cocked.

Ha. I was looking for that too.

INOR

Postby Ghost on Sun May 07, 2017 7:26 am

INOR wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:I'm surprised it isn't cocked.

Ha. I was looking for that too.

Probably not even loaded
Ghost

Postby westhope on Sun May 07, 2017 7:41 am

Looks like the thumb break was removed, cut off.

I still prefer two snapped loops to retain the holster. The uni-directional type of snaps only. I have had holsters with clips come off when drawing occasionally. If the clipped holster comes off even once in practice, I do not trust it for carry.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun May 07, 2017 9:06 am

1. The gun is my SAR K2 45, which is DA/SA, so I can carry it with the hammer down. My 50 GI is SA, so I carry it cocked and locked.

2. Yes, the thumb break has been cut off. The holster I use is soft suede leather, and the SAR stretches it out skin tight when fully inserted in the holster. Add to that that that the gun/holster are then placed between a 1 3/4" tac belt and a generous slab of troll flab, and the gun isn't going anywhere. I also have an inherent distrust of those damn snaps, and they can be anywhere from too loose to EFFEN impossible to release unless you do it just right. The J hook on this holster fits into a recess in the clip itself, so no amount of jiggling will get the edge of the hook near the bottom of the belt. Galco holsters are very well thought out.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Previous

Return to Accessories