IWB holster

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

IWB holster

Postby INOR on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:45 pm

What is everyone liking these days for IWB holsters?

I only have experience with an Aliengear IWB 3.0. It seems to be pretty good overall, but one annoyance is that the allen screws keep loosening up and I haven't yet gotten motivated enough to apply a little loctite to them. Has good retention and can adjust it to sit pretty deep or pretty high on the waistline, depending on preference. I bought this one mainly for a Walther PPS gen 1, so the kydex is molded specific to that handgun. One other annoyance is that it's not really a grab and go kind of holster. It takes some effort to put it on and get set.

Just bought a new Shield 9 because of the rebate and low price. The shield slides into place nicely and retains well. With the aliengear, you can adjust the tension. It has a little bit of extra room as the Walther is just a touch bigger, but the fit is pretty good really and it doesn't move around. Trigger well is fully covered, so that's good. I think I'd be perfectly ok carrying the Shield using the existing holster.

That said, I may try a different model IWB holster, thinking maybe something a little more grab and go that you can just slide into place easily over the belt while your pants are fully in place. Was looking at the CYA supply IWB molded for the shield. Any experiences with this one or recommendations for others?
INOR

Re: IWB holster

Postby rtk on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Look at Vedder, easy on and off...good quality and fast shipping.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby nhluke on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:28 pm

I use a Tuctite almost every day even though I have others that are more comfortable, stable, etc. For me the Tuctite is the most convenient.
nhluke

Postby Ghost on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:51 pm

I bought this for mine, just showed up so haven't tried it yet. I got free one day shipping. Reviews are good.
[url]S&W M&P Shield 9/40 IWB Holster Veteran Owned Company - Made in USA - Made from Boltaron - Inside Waistband Concealed Carry Holster (Black Right Hand) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A9BSSW6/re ... 9ybH4RXXT3[/url]
Ghost

Postby INOR on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Same one I was looking at, Ghost. Will be interested in hearing your opinion on it after you've had a chance to use it.
INOR

Postby Ghost on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:47 am

INOR wrote:Same one I was looking at, Ghost. Will be interested in hearing your opinion on it after you've had a chance to use it.

Tried it a bit and am wearing it now. Fit is perfect with the gun. The belt clip fits my belt perfectly, have a Hanks belt that measures a bit more than 1-5/8". So far seems comfortable and I'm happy with it.
Ghost

IWB holster

Postby INOR on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 am

Thanks for the feedback. What position do you carry in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Ghost on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:59 am

INOR wrote:Thanks for the feedback. What position do you carry in?

Either 3 or 4 o'clock
Ghost

IWB holster

Postby INOR on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:21 pm

I ended up ordering it as well from Amazon. Arrived today. Just tried it and it fits the shield perfectly. Great retention and a bit of a click in place when it's fully seated just from the molding shape, I think. I really like it. Slipped it in at 4:00 nice and easy and was really quite comfortable. Wore it around the house for about 15 minutes. Think I'm going to like it better than the alien gear cloak tuck that I have for the pps.

INOR

Postby goalie on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Thanks guys. I grabbed one for my Shield and it is great for what I wanted. I didn't think I needed another JM Custom Kydex for it, as I usually carry my G19 if at all possible or go down to the Kahr CW380 in the pocket.

Oh, and if you carry a G19 and are a medium build (I am 6 feet, 190 right now) the JM AIWB wing claw 2.5 can be had within a week now instead of three months. I love that holster because I love being able to carry a G19 wearing a t-shirt. (As with any holster, what works for me may really, really suck for you)

;)
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby Pat on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:55 pm

I have always used Milt Sparks VMII's. The are great leather IWB holster. No problems after years of carry.
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby goalie on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:07 am

Pat wrote:I have always used Milt Sparks VMII's. The are great leather IWB holster. No problems after years of carry.

Great for 3-4 o'clock carry, not so much 12-1 o'clock.

Plus, for summer, I like kydex with a full-guard. I usually carry OWB when it's 3-4 o'clock carry, IWB when it's 12-1, and pocket when it's too hard to do either with a G19 or Shield.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby Pat on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:16 pm

I have grown myself into a magnificent girth, well able to carry at the 3 o'clock position.
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby INOR on Wed May 03, 2017 10:50 am

Really liking this new holster and carrying the shield. This holster just slips into place so easily and I never have to take the gun out of it. Can leave the gun in the holster in the safe and then it's truly a grab and go option for me. I always have leaned towards my pocket carry LCP because it was just grab and go. Carrying the Walther in the Alien gear was just more of a production and required a couple minutes to put the holster on, adjust, and then holster the pistol. Then, if I had to leave the pistol in the car for any reason and wanted to also take the holster off, it's almost as much as a hassle. I guess in hindsight, I'm not so much a fan of the alien gear holster anymore.
INOR

Postby yukonjasper on Wed May 03, 2017 12:42 pm

my personal opinion is that slide holsters don't work well for me. Belt clips or paddle have worked for me. I could see snaps being good but I've never owned one. The ability to pull the holster and gun off in one piece without any sort of belt activity is a plus for me.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Next

Return to Accessories