Swiss Army Knife store closes

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Swiss Army Knife store closes

Postby Lumpy on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:34 pm

The official Victorinox outlet at the Mall of America isn't there anymore. You can still buy SAK's lots of places but if you want anything like replacement tweezers or scissor springs you have to order them from the online site and pay shipping. I tried Rei in Bloomington today and they said they don't carry those any more because they were a loss.
Lumpy

Re: Swiss Army Knife store closes

Postby Ghost on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 pm

That sucks but I bought my last one in Switzerland so I guess I'd just go back there if I needed anything and if I ever used it.
Ghost

Postby Erud on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:21 am

That sucks, but not terribly surprising. Brick and mortar retail is a tough way to make a living these days. Just an FYI, I bought a 6-pack of the replacement tweezers on Amazon for less than $6 with free Prime shipping. Should be pretty much set for life now.
Erud

Postby Hmac on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:51 am

Pretty much a niche product done in by the many, many online knife vendors and multi-tool vendors. Add in the costs of retail space at MOA and it's easy to see why a store catering to a very narrow niche clientele wouldn't survive. Dwindling malls are going to become increasingly common.
Hmac

Postby Ironbear on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:00 am

I ended up ordering a 6-pack of scissor springs off of Amazon, as it was cheaper than ordering 1 spring. Stacked on top of another order, so that shipping was free, the cost was less than $7, and now I am probably set for two lifetimes or more..... I think for about $20-25 you could have a lifetime supply of springs, toothpicks, AND tweezers.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:52 pm

I don't know why they thought a knife store would work at MOA. Probably more than half of their customers are tourists that came in by plane, aren't they?
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Ghost on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Squib Joe wrote:I don't know why they thought a knife store would work at MOA. Probably more than half of their customers are tourists that came in by plane, aren't they?

Maybe if they sold the Leach Lake fillet knives
Ghost

Return to Accessories