Long gun case storage ideas?

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Re: Long gun case storage ideas?

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 am

OldmanFCSA wrote:My large powerful steel magnet works great when out trolling for .......................... but may need to upgrade my winch as I'm finding a large assortment of STUFF.

My research and prototype aluminum magnet is almost complete, further testing will be completed when the ice goes out.

Then to work on my polymer magnet.

May have to make more storage place for all the STUFF I'm finding on the bottom of river and lakes.

SO, HOW do I do legal transfers on this STUFF ????

I know - GIFTED TO ME.

Well I believe you are in WI so you should be good, but in MN Senator Jensen feels you should have to take each to an FFL and pay a transfer fee.

Have a better day - mine is NICE.
Holland&Holland

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:13 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:My large powerful steel magnet works great when out trolling for .......................... but may need to upgrade my winch as I'm finding a large assortment of STUFF.

My research and prototype aluminum magnet is almost complete, further testing will be completed when the ice goes out.

Then to work on my polymer magnet.

May have to make more storage place for all the STUFF I'm finding on the bottom of river and lakes.

SO, HOW do I do legal transfers on this STUFF ????

I know - GIFTED TO ME.

Have a better day - mine is NICE.

Well I believe you are in WI so you should be good, but in MN Senator Jensen feels you should have to take each to an FFL and pay a transfer fee.

I found a local Future Fathers League and paid for a years supply of large condoms - and they were happy, willing to complete any paper work for me (whether present or not).
OldmanFCSA

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:31 am

Seriously, ................. (if that is even possible anymore).

I had a Stinger Missile case (with all the high explosive markings) and used it to transport 2 large target rifles to range and back. It worked great as it had a total seal on lid which required the use of a pressure release button provided on one end of case. If you tried to open it after storing contents when we had a low pressure system and tried to open within a high pressure system with all 8 latches released, you could not without the manual pressure release button.
I had thoughts of putting a vacuum pump attachment on it and then re-pressurize it with an inert gas to prevent oxidation (rust) from occurring during long periods of storage. After re-fitting a 36" long barrel on one of my target rifles, it would no longer fit the Stinger case so I dropped the project and sold the case (which became a big mistake).
OldmanFCSA

Previous

Return to Accessories