What rifle do you think these rings fit?

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

What rifle do you think these rings fit?

Postby Bergie on Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:18 pm

I bought a bunch of stuff at an auction earlier this year and am just now getting around to selling off the stuff I don't want. These 1" steel rings were on a nice scope, but I can't determine what rifle they may have fit. One ring has a solid base and the other just the 'dovetail'. There's no markings on the rings nor base. Any guesses?
Attachments
IMG_5411.JPG
IMG_5410.JPG
IMG_5409.JPG
Bergie

Re: What rifle do you think these rings fit?

Postby OldmanFCSA on Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:12 pm

Redfield Rings - I have some.
OldmanFCSA

Postby MJY65 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:52 am

You can sell the rings separately, but the front base will be useless without the matching(missing) rear
MJY65

Postby Bergie on Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:52 pm

MJY65 wrote:You can sell the rings separately, but the front base will be useless without the matching(missing) rear

Thanks! (So there was a base much like the other one? What's odd is that the other ring twists in like the old Sako rings but the other ring doesn't have such a small T that would lock into a mount.)(?)
Bergie

Postby MJY65 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 am

Bergie wrote:Thanks! (So there was a base much like the other one? What's odd is that the other ring twists in like the old Sako rings but the other ring doesn't have such a small T that would lock into a mount.)(?)

The rear base would have had a screw on each side that "pinches" the sides of the ring. In theory, they could be used to provide some extra windage adjustment. I never really trusted them to stay in place as well as the dual dovetails.
MJY65

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:35 am

MJY65 wrote:
Bergie wrote:Thanks! (So there was a base much like the other one? What's odd is that the other ring twists in like the old Sako rings but the other ring doesn't have such a small T that would lock into a mount.)(?)

The rear base would have had a screw on each side that "pinches" the sides of the ring. In theory, they could be used to provide some extra windage adjustment. I never really trusted them to stay in place as well as the dual dovetails.

But it would have been specific to a receiver correct? There must me a marking on it to track down which make and model it goes too.
Holland&Holland

Postby MJY65 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:44 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
MJY65 wrote:

But it would have been specific to a receiver correct? There must me a marking on it to track down which make and model it goes too.

Yes. The base would have been matched to the curve and hole spacing. If I were OP, I seriously wouldn’t put much effort into this.
MJY65

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:32 am

But it is fun to!
Holland&Holland

Postby Bergie on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:55 pm

(OP here) it is fun, I'll admit that! They might go into a 'grab bag' for whenever the next true gun show is. Or they may just go into my black hole of a basement where all misc gun parts go to be sucked into some time warp vortex to show up again in xx years.
Bergie

Postby Rowdy Roddy on Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:57 pm

The rings will fit any dovetail base set. The bases? Now that is another story. There should be some kind of marking, a number or something, that would indicate what.
Rowdy Roddy

Return to Accessories