Glock 26 holster

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Glock 26 holster

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:31 am

I am interested in finding an IWB holster for my G26. Currently using a comp-tac minotaur but struggling with 3-4 o'clock carry because the belt clip spread forces the holster to have to bend around my side and the clips pop off my belt and it shifts alot. I think I want a single attachment point holster so I impulse bought an Allen Helix IWB Holster Glock 26/27 RH- Black. It was on sale for $13 shipped. I don't have great expectations for this product but it was inexpensive enough to work until I can research an alternative.

Any input from your collective knowledge would be appreciated.

Also, I own a G36, that also "fit" the Minnataur. Was that a fluke? Should I expect that 2 for 1 compatibility going forward?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Glock 26 holster

Postby rtk on Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:53 am

Vedder light tuck or RM low rider.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Glock 26 holster

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:13 am

I like the original version of this one but have not tried the current model https://clingerholsters.com/product/gear-holster/.

I have one of these coming to try it out, https://tuckergunleather.com/deep-carry ... b-holster/. Wait times doubled since I ordered it two months ago but I am still hoping this will be my Christmas present.

Garrett makes same leather lined holsters as well but their system to attach the holster to the clip is bulky and not very convenient to take on/off so I am trying Tucker. They ship pretty fast though https://www.giholsters.com/product-p/hst2000.htm.
gun_fan111v2

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:17 pm

I looked up Side Guard Holsters since the owner used to be an active member here. Anyone have any experience with the Quick Clip?

http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/QuickClip.htm

Price is premium but like doing business locally if I can.

I have a Roughout Pocket holster for my j-frame and love it.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Pat Cannon on Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:58 pm

Maybe what you really need is better clips, or maybe snap loops, for your Minotaur.
In any case I've got an early version of the Quick Clip and it's a good holster.
Pat Cannon

Postby MJY65 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:12 pm

I have several Milt Sparks Versa-Max 2 IWB holsters. The way they are designed makes them very secure. I've never had a snap pop open
MJY65

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:31 pm

I think the issue with the Minataur is the position I want to carry in. It is wide enough that it doesn't wrap around my waist enough to carry at 3 or 4 o'clock. I think it is designed for appendix or SOB. I'm carrying in and out of my truck when I wear it, so appendix is not great and with layers of outerwear to shift out of the way SOB seems not great access.

The Allen arrived and it is compact and simple. I'll try it for a while to see if it is going the right direction for what I think I want.

Thanks for the input.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:15 pm

Update:
Allen Helix for the G26 seems to be working fine. No frills basic kydex holster. Retention adjustment available with included Allen wrench. Not as low profile as I was hoping because of the belt clip and the belt clip attachment to the holster. The minotaur wins for slimness. For $13 it was a decent purchase.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to Accessories