Seeking Advice For Scope Rings 30 mm

Holsters, lights, or any kind of accessory

Seeking Advice For Scope Rings 30 mm

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:42 am

Hi all, I just bought a Nightforce 12-42x56 Benchrest Scope and could use some scope ring advice. It has a 30 mm Tube.

I'll be mounting it on a Savage 12 BR 6mm BR Norma with a 20 MOA Picatinny Rail. I'll be shooting it in International Benchrest Shooters 600 & 1000 Yd matches.

I have to watch the guns weight a little, but have at least 2 lbs of wiggle room (I know rings won't weigh this much). I have Burris Xtreme 30 mm 6-Screw on my NF NXS 8-32x56 on my 50 BMG Rifle, but 6-screw are a bit of overkill on a 6 mm.

I want to keep the scope as low as possible, but need to make sure the 56 mm bell clears the barrel. The parallax adjustment is on the front of this scope so I must keep it interference free.

1- What brand of rings would you guys suggest (4 Screw preferred)?

2- What height rings would you suggest?

I know I can buy NF Titanium Rings, but at $150+ a set, they are a bit overpriced, given the limited recoil of this rifle setup. I want reliable rings, that I won't have to lap, if possible.

Thanks All. all, I just bought a Nightforce 12-42x56 Benchrest Scope and could use some scope ring advice. It has a 30 mm Tube.

I'll be mounting it on a Savage 12 BR 6mm BR Norma with a 20 MOA Picatinny Rail. I'll be shooting it in International Benchrest Shooters 600 & 1000 Yd matches.

I have to watch the guns weight a little, but have at least 2 lbs of wiggle room (I know rings won't weigh this much). I have Burris Xtreme 30 mm 6-Screw on my NF NXS 8-32x56 on my 50 BMG Rifle, but 6-screw are a bit of overkill on a 6 mm.

I want to keep the scope as low as possible, but need to make sure the 56 mm bell clears the barrel. The parallax adjustment is on the front of this scope so I must keep it interference free.

1- What brand of rings would you guys suggest (4 Screw preferred)?

2- What height rings would you suggest?

I know I can buy NF Titanium Rings, but at $150+ a set, they are a bit overpriced, given the limited recoil of this rifle setup. I want reliable rings, that I won't have to lap, if possible.

Thanks All.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Re: Seeking Advice For Scope Rings 30 mm

Postby xd ED on Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:58 am

I like the Burris Z rings with the inserts. I use 5 MoA from the inserts on top a 20 Moa rail.

Keeps the cross hairs close to the center of the optics at long range.
You might not need that much elevation with that round
I think I used the mid-height for my 10 - 50x 60mm Sightron
As I recall, Burris has the height dimensions of their rings on their website.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: Seeking Advice For Scope Rings 30 mm

Postby Ironbear on Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:44 pm

I'm happy with the recent installation of 30mm Warne Maxima rings. They have 4 different heights in the 30mm size. Select one of Maxima series and pick the "Specifications" tab. They will show dimensions for the series. The Warne Mountain Tech series looks a bit lighter if that is important.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Return to Accessories