*Deal Extended* NRA Life Mmbrships $300 - No Sponsor Needed

Post deals you find and organize group buys

*Deal Extended* NRA Life Mmbrships $300 - No Sponsor Needed

Postby MKearn on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:35 am

For the $300 NRA life membership, call 1-888-678-7894. No waiting on hold!
Last edited by MKearn on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
MKearn

Re: *Today Only* - NRA Life Memberships for $300

Postby xd ED on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 am

Not certain, but I suspect a sponsoring life member needs to be involved.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Bump on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:58 am

Thanks for the heads up!
Just became a lifetime member, no sponsoring needed and as he said no waiting on hold, took all of 4 minutes to do.
Just lurkin......
Bump

Postby rugersol on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:00 am

:yippee:
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby xd ED on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:04 am

:cheers:
Sometimes its good to be wrong :?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 am

Wow! That was incredibly easy. Thanks for the tip.

Hard to go wrong with that kind of a deal.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Thunder71 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 am

Figures this would be available at the same time I get a huge repair bill.
Thunder71

Postby Ron Burgundy on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:35 am

That's a good deal. I will probably go life next year.

I just joined on 12/18/12 (card was charged) but I haven't seen anything since. Mind you, I didn't sign up dir the free hat but it would be nice have something....thought id get a member card or something.
Ron Burgundy

Postby plblark on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:38 am

Ron,

If you're really thinking life member and you'd only be out $325 by doing it NOW, I'd jump at it. At most you're "over" paying by $25) The time to support the NRA is now. a year from now, who knows where we'll be and where the life member price will be ...

Aside: I'll bet NRA fulfillment is just a tad bit overwhelmed with 8000+ new members a day shortly after the whole BAN talk started again ...
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby xd ED on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:56 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:That's a good deal. I will probably go life next year.

I just joined on 12/18/12 (card was charged) but I haven't seen anything since. Mind you, I didn't sign up dir the free hat but it would be nice have something....thought id get a member card or something.

I was one year into a five year membership last winter when pblark sponsored me on the $300/ Lifetime membership :high5: ....don't regret it at all.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 am

I had a year left on my last membership - I think 3 years, but couldn't pass up the discounted rate. You already save a ton on the membership - seems to me an additional $25 would not be a reason to hold back on the Lifetime Member deal. That's my thought anyway.

Maybe they'll credit it back to you - I think I'd be a little sheepish to ask, but you could try.
Last edited by yukonjasper on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ron Burgundy on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 am

Perhaps I'll see how the NRA / Biden meeting goes before I look at a life membership.

If this is the best use of funds (vs. 2AF etc), why take the discounted rate?
Ron Burgundy

Postby plblark on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 am

I think that PDB says it well:

The SAF does wonderful work in the courts, but they cannot lobby Congress. The GOA has nice press releases and hates the NRA, but nobody on Capital Hill knows their name. Your home state organization will probably have the most effect on your every day life, but they cannot have the weight of numbers that puts the fear of God into congresscritters.

Regardless of what you personally feel about the NRA and what they may or may not have done in the past, if you are not a part of the NRA you are not a part of this fight! If you value your guns and the survival of our gun culture in this country, you must join now and be counted or it will die in our generation. Make no mistake, this is a full court press, and the objective of our enemies is to get any win on the scoreboard to halt the twenty years of defeats they’ve suffered since their high water mark in 1994. We have to halt them everywhere, or we will lose everything. Nothing is off the table this round, and we can’t afford anyone sitting out.

Personally, I'd focus on NRA for national and GOCRA for state / local grassroots. NRA first because **** rolls down hill. GOCRA second because this **** is local and you can be effective by mailing, calling, and SHOWING up at hearings which GOCRA will help inform you of.

I've put my money and my time where my mouth is. I'm a NRA Life member and very involved on a daily basis with GOCRA. I'm also a member of the SAF.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:07 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:Perhaps I'll see how the NRA / Biden meeting goes before I look at a life membership.

If this is the best use of funds (vs. 2AF etc), why take the discounted rate?

Because the $700 dollars left over as savings for the Life Membership allows you to support other organizations that will also protect your rights. I don't see the NRA membership as a reason not to support GOCRA or SAF etc.

Seems you and others mistrust the NRA and don't believe they have your best interest in mind. I suppose there will be those who will only be satisfied if the meeting with Biden results in Biden's nose being bloodied, arm twisted and his signing a cease and desist order for all legislation hostile the the 2nd Amendment.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby ijosef on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 am

I'm a life member, although I think my dues were closer to $400 (it was still a savings over regular price). I'd be willing to sponser a fellow MN Guntalker if need be (if that's indeed the case with this deal).

EDIT: Reading comprehension is key! :!: I guess no sponsor is needed. Still, my offer still stands if NRA were ever to run such a deal requiring sponsorship in the future.
ijosef

Next

Return to Deals and Group Buys