large gun auction March 27

Post deals you find and organize group buys

large gun auction March 27

Postby hunter722 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:23 pm

I saw an auction bill for a sale this Saturday where 400 guns are going to be sold. My impression is that it's likely there'll be a few dealers there who may find a bargain and a lot of folks who are going to pay too much for something that hasn't been checked out very well. It's about 150 mile drive from my house and so I'm not sure I want to spend the time. Any idea on the chance of finding a 20 side by side at a decent price?
hunter722

Re: large gun auction March 27

Postby 1911fan on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:35 pm

I have yet to go to any gun auction that was anything but a farce unless your talking like Christies or Greg Martins. $50 dollar worn out single shot .22's going for 2 bill's and anything decent often going well above retail for new.
1911fan

Postby Shipyard on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:21 am

where's the auction? link to a bill?
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby VikesFan1 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:17 am

Find out if they allow bidding online. If so, it's probably not worth a 15 mile drive IMO.
Sent from my NES using up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A!

RIP Pete aka 1911fan
VikesFan1

Postby americos on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 pm

The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance;
he will bathe his feet in the blood of the wicked.
americos

Postby Grandpa Rex on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:17 am

Reinhart's auctions are well attended and like any auction these days, a well advertised and detailed auction rarely offers what I consider good deals. Most items go for what you can get them localy for or much more. They hold this type of auction 3-4 times a year.

I have won bids on Proxibid before and it was a good experience. I have never won a bid @ Reinhart's sales because I am cheap and the travel/shipping/bidders premium cost has not met my "good deal" standard. I have bid several times. The older C&R type guns I watch for tend to go $50-100 more than I am willing to pay for.

Well worth reviewing and if you find the perfect piece...place a bid. Factor in your time and maybe takeing a nice spring drive to go pick it up would be worth it.
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Grandpa Rex

Postby 1911fan on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:20 am

The world is a crazy place, first page savage 99's for almost as much money as a 86 winchester. ACK.

going thru the rest, the solds are pretty good. prices are a little over the mark, but there are some definite deals gotten, an anib .22 peacemaker for 375, thats below the market price.
1911fan

Postby ex-LT on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:00 am

Grandpa Rex wrote:Reinhart's auctions are well attended and like any auction these days, a well advertised and detailed auction rarely offers what I consider good deals. Most items go for what you can get them localy for or much more. They hold this type of auction 3-4 times a year.

I have won bids on Proxibid before and it was a good experience. I have never won a bid @ Reinhart's sales because I am cheap and the travel/shipping/bidders premium cost has not met my "good deal" standard. I have bid several times. The older C&R type guns I watch for tend to go $50-100 more than I am willing to pay for.

Well worth reviewing and if you find the perfect piece...place a bid. Factor in your time and maybe takeing a nice spring drive to go pick it up would be worth it.

That auction was at Reinhardt's? My parents live less than five miles from their auction site, and I was up there on Saturday to pick up my snowmobiles. DAMN!
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Return to Deals and Group Buys