EBR's for $550

Post deals you find and organize group buys

EBR's for $550

Postby Steveb on Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:43 pm

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul - George Bernard Shaw

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program - Milton Friedman
Steveb

Re: EBR's for $550

Postby princewally on Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:54 pm

It's a shame I don't have this in my budget right now.

I mean, it's a shame I have available balance on a credit card right now.

I mean....dammit, another gun is coming home with me.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby JoeH on Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:59 am

This would be my first EBR. Can someone answer a couple of questions for me?

What are the differences between the three models (16" 1/9 M4s, 16" HBARs and 20" HBARs)?

Should I be concerned that they are not chrome lined?

At $550, plus $20 for hand select, plus $15 for shipping, I'd be looking at $585 plus FFL fee. How much am I saving over buying something new?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby phorvick on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am

JoeH wrote:This would be my first EBR. Can someone answer a couple of questions for me?

What are the differences between the three models (16" 1/9 M4s, 16" HBARs and 20" HBARs)?

At $550, plus $20 for hand select, plus $15 for shipping, I'd be looking at $585 plus FFL fee. How much am I saving over buying something new?

Olympic has new AR15 variants for about $650 or so "street price"; I know that Sportsmans Warehouse in Fargo was selling Bushmaster AR15 M4A3's for about $850. At gun shows, DPMS often has a booth and has very good direct pricing.
Where did I leave the Tardis?
phorvick

Postby princewally on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:14 am

JoeH wrote:This would be my first EBR. Can someone answer a couple of questions for me?

The HBARs have a heavier barrel. It's a useful feature with full-auto, to prevent muzzle-climb. Not as useful with these.

The lack of chrome lining means you clean it more often. That's something that should be done with an AR, anyway.

These guns aren't necessarily 'used', just not stored nicely.

Most all parts are brand new on the inside, this includes barrels, bolt/carriers, internals, buffer & spring but have external flaws due to being stored in "bulk" and are listed as being used. Lowers are a mix of manufactures and include CMMG, DPMS,and Doublestar.

Price-wise: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Search ... m4&Cat=979

I don't think you'll find much of anything cheaper.

That being said, I'm far from expert on AR variants. That's why I ordered one. :) I did some research on CMMG and ARs. I think these are a good deal, as long as you aren't looking for a beauty queen. If you want an AR to shoot, or to use as a base(AR lowers can go for $500 by themselves) for a custom build, you're probably getting a really good deal.

If you're still wary, wait until mine comes in and I'll give you a chance to play with it. :)
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby onebohemian on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:45 am

I'm no expert either having only recently bought my first AR after lots of internet research. One thinkg I decided when buying mine was that I wanted a chrome lined barrel. At the very least, the chrome lined barrel doesn't require the time intensive break-in period by which you slowly shoot round after round with cleaning in-between each (or every few) shots. Even though you're only paying 500 for the rifle to start, I think you'd want to break it in properly so she'd last as long as possible for you.

Bottomline: You get what you pay for.
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby princewally on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:01 am

onebohemian wrote:
Bottomline: You get what you pay for.

True, but from what I understand, these are compatible with any of the standard aftermarket parts. If you decide you like the AR platform, you can upgrade it on the cheap.
princewally

Postby JFettig on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:12 pm

I think thats a good price for a basic AR. Doesn't look like your getting any rear sights or anything, expect to buy an iron sight for it.

Regarding barrels, HBAR are heavy, 16" and 20" are lengths.

Chrome lining: helps with erosion and whatnot, but if you want a 1/2" gun then I hear that its not as good, my non is shooting 1/2" :D

Jon
JFettig

Postby princewally on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:26 pm

They just got some new ones.

$625 Used Chrome Lined 16" M4 Rifle

Very very limited quantity. Just got a few in. Chrome lined 1/7" 16" M4A3. Condition is excellent+. Rifles are as pictured. Does not include mag or back up iron sight.
princewally

Return to Deals and Group Buys