Group Buy: Georgia Arms ammo

Post deals you find and organize group buys

Group Buy: Georgia Arms ammo

Postby EAJuggalo on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:18 pm

I'll be placing an order with Georgia Arms on Monday April 21st. Anyone that wants to may add on to my order and we should be able to get shipping down to something reasonable. I need to have cash or check in hand no later than the 20th, delivery would coincide perfectly with the first steel shoot of the year on the 26th.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Re: Group Buy: Georgia Arms ammo

Postby DeanC on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:59 am

I'm for another 100 44 special GDHP's. http://www.georgia-arms.com/index.asp?P ... rodID=2632
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:01 am

Do you know if their "Canned Heat" ammo is any good? I'm pretty well stocked, but I'm always tempted to load up if there is real value to be had. Let me know your thoughts.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby DeanC on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:36 am

yukonjasper wrote:Do you know if their "Canned Heat" ammo is any good?

PM Pat or Onebohemian and ask what they think.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby hammAR on Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:10 am

Why PM, why not out here where we can share information and opinions..................... :?

(unless Pat has run out of testostirone and opinions lately....... :P )
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby EAJuggalo on Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:40 am

I'll give you my personal opinion on Canned Heat. I'll use it all day long in handguns, but won't touch it in rifle calibers. IIRC Pat sad pretty much the same thing awhile back, every problem that has been had with GA Arms to my knowledge has been with .223. I've fired over 1k rounds of their 357Sig without any problems at all.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby ttousi on Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:58 am

hammAR wrote:Why PM, why not out here where we can share information and opinions..................... :?

Cause we are keeping (or trying anyway) to keep you in the dark.........brit said something about mushrooms :?

:P
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Pat on Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 pm

I have bought several large lots of .223 and .45 acp from Georgia arms in the past. My orders were all speced the same, i.e. fmjrn, brass cases, 55gr for the .223 and 230gr for the .45acp.

The handgun ammo shot flawlessly, though it can be a little dirty. One out of every hundred or so rounds seems to have the bullet pushed in quit a bit too far, but I still plan to by more Canned Heat to feed my 1911's this spring and summer.

The .223 rifle ammunition, though, is another kettle of fish. I had bad experiences with three different lots. Most of the truly serious and potentially life-threatening issues were due to a rather wide spectrum of cases OAL's. All the way from just too short, to potentially KABOOM inducing lengths where the bullet would become firmly stuffed up into the rifling above the chamber. I actually broke a charging handle, trying to pull a bullet out of the rifling. I finally exerted enough force to unseat the bullet from the case. With just a gentle tap from a ten lb hammer on a rod from the muzzle end, and the bullet dropped right out.

If I had only freed the case from the bullet with the charging handle, the first bullet would definitely have been far enough up the rifiling above chamber. A second cartridge could have chambered, and that would have been "Good Bye, Betty!"

My good friend Pinnacle ran the GA .223 stuff through his Dillon 650 for me, in order to bring the cartridges back into SAMMI specs on OAL, but it still shot like it was loaded with cat poop for powder. Pinnacle was even able to determine that GA had been using seconds for bullets, making them for anything more than non-serious plinking just a waste.

So here's the skinny, buy the pistol ammo, but shy away from their rifle stuff.
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby justaguy on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:50 pm

ttousi wrote:
hammAR wrote:Why PM, why not out here where we can share information and opinions..................... :?

Cause we are keeping (or trying anyway) to keep you in the dark.........brit said something about mushrooms :?

:P

I read some where that they feed mushrooms ****.

Thanks for info Pat.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby hammAR on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:17 pm

justaguy wrote:
ttousi wrote:...brit said something about mushrooms :?

I read some where that they feed mushrooms ****.

Thanks for info Pat.

Brits exact quote was, "Why the hell did I let a mushroom posing as a senile old squid ever adopt me?"

and yea, thanks Pat.............
hammAR

Postby Pat on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:34 pm

Now, just hold the darn phone a minute. I hadn't realized that I had been 'nsulted, back up there.

You just wait, Gunny. It ain't a'gonna be purdy ;)
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby hammAR on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Sorry, I was feeding the mushroom posing as a senile squid and some of the "food" must have flipped over the wall................ :D
hammAR

Postby ttousi on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:49 pm

Words meant to go together......

You just wait, Gunny. It ain't a'gonna be purdy

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Pat Cannon on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:17 am

OK, put me down for (as opposed to what I was talking about in my PM): 1 ea. "Canned Heat" .38 Special 158gr Lead Round Nosed Flat Point 500pk -- G38ICAN-500
Pat Cannon

Postby JoeH on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:04 am

I bought 1000 rounds of IPSC Major 40 S&W. I'm about 600 rounds into it with 2 misfires. It's a step back from factory firsts but still good ammo.
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Next

Return to Deals and Group Buys