Gander Mountain Black Friday Ad scans

Post deals you find and organize group buys

Gander Mountain Black Friday Ad scans

Postby karlobag on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:04 am

Knowing Gouger mountain, the Forest Lake store will have extra quantities of everything and the Blaine store will have nothing......

http://www.slickguns.com/product/gander ... 4-ad-scans
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Re: Gander Mountain Black Friday Ad scans

Postby BigBlue on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:15 am

Here's a great deal:

Blazer Brass 50 ct pistol ammo: "Buy 2 for $189.99 (was $19.99 each)"

Front page boo-boo. Whoops.
BigBlue

Postby BBeckwith on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:31 am

BigBlue wrote:Here's a great deal:

Blazer Brass 50 ct pistol ammo: "Buy 2 for $189.99 (was $19.99 each)"

Front page boo-boo. Whoops.

Nope that says 119.99 each for a total of 239.98 if you bought two boxes, that is the $50 savings.

Still a little high in price but getting a lot closer to buying from bulk online retailers
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Postby BigBlue on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:42 am

Guess my eyes aren't that good. Sure look like 50 ct boxes but I'll take your word for it because that makes more sense.
BigBlue

Postby BBeckwith on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:46 am

It's all cool. The art work does look like 50ct boxes. the quantity counts behind 9mm, 40SW, 45ACP is what finally tipped me off.

you can click some of the individual deals for a better transcribed description

http://www.slickguns.com/product/blazer ... uy-2-18999
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Postby 20mm on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:07 pm

I'll let you guys camp out at Gander Mountain for the black Friday deals. When you leave it'll be like Brokeback Mountain, but not in the gay way...in the broke way.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby cobb on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Was in the Bemidji area last Friday with nothing to do since I had woken at 4:30 am because I could not sleep, a whole other story, so I went to Gander Mountain for their 6 am sale for the deer hunters. They were giving away a stainless insulated beverage container to the first 100 and a Swiss Mini Multi Tool to the first 25 to purchase something. A woman in front of me was explaining to her husband that she knew what she was purchasing and when the doors opened at 6 am, she grabbed her insulated cup and a candy bar to take to checkout and get her free Swiss Mini Multi Tool. I got to Gander at a few minutes before 6 am and was the 16th in line, when doors opened there were 21 people in line. I was looking for a certain style of sun glasses that Gander carried, found several racks of glasses, found what I wanted on the 3rd rack, also used the bathroom and when I checked out almost a half hour later I was one of those that got a free Swiss Mini Multi tool.

How does the Bemidji Gander Mountain even stay in business? In Bemidji and some other area towns there is a L&M Fleet Store, they are always packed, deals that even beats Walmart's sales by several dollars.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Vashjir on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Hmm, looking at that flier, I can honestly say I don't see one actual deal in that sea of 'sales'. The best ammo deal works out to 27cents/rd+tax for 9mm, not a bargain at today's prices. Ammoseek shows the exact same ammo starting at 22cents/rd.
In term's of firearms, fleet farm's everyday prices are better than most of these sale prices, and anyone elses' sales are %10-15 cheaper than that. And thats not even looking at the online discount places like psa and bud's.

How can they justify selling a $139 mosin (ff regular price) for $150, and call it a $50 off 'sale'. Or the savage .22 on the front page on "lowest price ever! SALE" for 149.99; fleetfarm regular price 144.99, on sale for 139.99 right now.

In short, F**K Gander Mountain.

Edit, should change the title to "Gander Mountain black friday ad scams"
Vashjir

Postby karlobag on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:36 am

Vashjir - I thought about that, but did not want upset folks that actually purchased from GM.

Cobb - I think their motto is the same as my favorite bar in Anchorage, Chillcoot Charlies', is ----- "We cheat the other guy and pass the savings on to you".....
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Return to Deals and Group Buys