Permit to Purchase Help?

A place to post documents and information

Permit to Purchase Help?

Postby porkeatingcrusader on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi there I am new to Minnesota and am in need of help. A friend of mine has a permit to purchase and his is white like a card and he applied at a the Ramsey County Sheriffs Dept. A relative of mine says he just got a pink paper as a permit from St. Paul Police. I am confused. Do different agency issue different types /forms of a permit to purchase?
P.E.C.
porkeatingcrusader

Re: Permit to Purchase Help?

Postby DeanC on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 pm

I don't think Ramsey County issues permits to purchase. It is usually done at the city level unless you live out someplace where there is no city.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby porkeatingcrusader on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:07 pm

DeanC wrote:I don't think Ramsey County issues permits to purchase. It is usually done at the city level unless you live out someplace where there is no city.

My buddy lives in Little Canada and said that's where he had to go since they don't have a police dept. My questions is do they all just look the same or vary since my relative has a pink paper permit issued by St. Paul and my buddy has a card permit.
P.E.C.
porkeatingcrusader

Postby DeanC on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm

I don't think there is any legal requirement of uniformity among permits to purchase. If they sent it, it should work.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Keith81 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:23 pm

I think they just do that at the St Paul police department. Mine came as a pink sheet of paper as well.
Keith81

Postby DeanC on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:27 pm

Probably the only pink slip anyone would be happy to see.
DeanC

Postby porkeatingcrusader on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks guys, yall have been a big help. Still new to Minnesota so I will also have a lot of other firearm questions. Just moved from California glad to be in a free state again.
P.E.C.
porkeatingcrusader

Postby cobb on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Years ago when I got a permit to purchase from Blue Earth County it was on a heavy white card stock that when folded in half was about the size of a credit card or a Minnesota drivers license.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby tman on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:47 pm

cobb wrote:Years ago when I got a permit to purchase from Blue Earth County it was on a heavy white card stock that when folded in half was about the size of a credit card or a Minnesota drivers license.

We still use those.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby 12smile on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:51 pm

cobb wrote:Years ago when I got a permit to purchase from Blue Earth County it was on a heavy white card stock that when folded in half was about the size of a credit card or a Minnesota drivers license.

That what mine from mpls looked like.
12smile

Postby 12smile on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:54 pm

THREAD DRIFT ALERT:

I have my P2C from Hennepin and it's 'credit card format' the lettering is embedded into the plastic it is not 'Laminated' as in paper between 2 sheets of hot plastic.

Do out-state counties print on paper and then 'Laminate" ??? ...I think the statue mentions 'Laminated' and Hennepin County may have the $$$ to buy more sophisticated gear because it's the biggest county in the state.
12smile

Postby Countryfried Frank on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Wright Co. PTC is also a dye-sublimation printed plastic card.
"Sometimes we have to get really high to see how small we are." - Felix Baumgartner
Countryfried Frank

Postby dismal on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Olmsted has a plastic card too.

sent from my droid.
dismal

Postby monschman on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:35 pm

dakota is forgery friendly, paper and badly laminated, and too large to fit a wallet properly. As for the OP's question, my last PTP from AV was on a letter format from the Chief. My wife had one last year, nice bi-fold white card, much easier to carry about. I think the issuing city can use whatever, on a cursory look there really isnt a standard format that they must adhere to.
monschman

Re: Re: Permit to Purchase Help?

Postby tletourneau on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:06 pm

12smile wrote:THREAD DRIFT ALERT:

I have my P2C from Hennepin and it's 'credit card format' the lettering is embedded into the plastic it is not 'Laminated' as in paper between 2 sheets of hot plastic.

Do out-state counties print on paper and then 'Laminate" ??? ...I think the statue mentions 'Laminated' and Hennepin County may have the $$$ to buy more sophisticated gear because it's the biggest county in the state.

I just have to mention that Hennepin is not the biggest county in the state, Saint Louis is. Hennepin probably has more money though.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.
Tom

----------------------------------
Springfield XD-40 Service
Taurus PT-111 Pro (3rd Gen)
Desert Eagle .50AE Mark VII
tletourneau

Next

Return to Reference