"NO" Wyoming/Minnesota Reciprocity

A place to post documents and information

"NO" Wyoming/Minnesota Reciprocity

Postby Gary Slider on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:12 am

The Wyoming DCI is reporting that Wyoming now has reciprocity with Minnesota.
http://wyomingdci.wyo.gov/dci-criminal- ... ms-permits

The Minnesota BCA is not reporting this yet.
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-di ... ocity.aspx

Wyoming has been on top of reporting changes in who they honor very quickly. Wyoming will honor anyone
who honors them and that states permit is valid statewide. So this looks like a done deal but waiting for
MN BCA to confirm.
Last edited by Gary Slider on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Gary Slider

Re: Wyoming/Minnesota Reciprocity

Postby LePetomane on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:27 pm

There were issues with Minnesota honoring Wyoming's permits in the past.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Wyoming/Minnesota Reciprocity

Postby xd ED on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:40 pm

It is my understanding that Minnesota does not have reciprocity agreements with any state.
Minnesota law requires Minnesota to recognize states whose laws are 'substantially similar' to those of Minnesota.
While Wyoming might choose to recognize Minnesota, unless Wyoming's carry laws meet the criteria of Minnesota's law, Wyoming permits won't be recognized in Minnesota. at least that's my understanding of this issue.

ETA: I erroneously added the word "substantially", which was removed from the law last year.
Last edited by xd ED on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Gary Slider on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Wyoming has the same law. They will not honor a state unless that state honors them. Wyoming is stating Reciprocity exists between them and MN. MN was added to their list just yesterday.

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Gary Slider

Postby xd ED on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:06 pm

It could well be that Minnesota has recently recognized Wyoming, which could have caused Wyoming to reciprocate. I don't know for sure, as I haven't been following this.
Good to hear though.
Thanks.

..now if we could get Colorado fixed, my vacation plans would improve immensely.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Gary Slider on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:24 am

Minnesota has not posted anything on their website stating they honor Wyoming. I have an email from the BCA 6/20/16 telling me they don't honor Wyoming. I contacted Wyoming and they told me they would check into it. They stated that it has gone back and forth with them and Minnesota. Up until about 8/5/15 Minnesota and Wyoming honored each other. At that time Minnesota removed Wyoming from the list of states they honored. I don't know what is going on but I do know that Wyoming at this time believes reciprocity exists and it is not a website error on Wyoming's part. I am hoping that something is finalized in the next few days. Either MN will add WY or WY will remove MN from their list. I will let you know if either happens. I will state that I have seen this in the past more than once. A state will add a state and then remove them as they believed reciprocity existed. I have also seen it that a state adds a state and the other is very slow in posting that they will honor that state. Some have taken months to update their info. Georgia took years in a couple instances.

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Gary Slider

Re: "NO" Wyoming/Minnesota Reciprocity

Postby Gary Slider on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Wyoming has updated their reciprocity listing and has removed Minnesota from the list. Again confusing among the states and who they honor. But at least we got that ironed out. You can see the Wyoming listing here. http://wyomingdci.wyo.gov/dci-criminal- ... ms-permits

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Gary Slider

Return to Reference