A thought on "rules"

Please read the rules before posting

Re: A thought on "rules"

Postby cobb on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:54 pm

TH3180 wrote:This forum use to be so much fun. :evil:

I guess I have a bit of a problem understanding what is fun or not in the Market Place, it is an area for selling and buying.
This thread is discussing Market Place issues and you seem to feel that the new Market Place rules are raining on your parade???
If you feel the need to express a concern, as options PM the mods, or maybe start a thread discussing your concerns in "Off Topic" if a serious discussion. Or post your concerns in the "Basement", a lot of discussion goes on there with very little moderation and you can express your concerns that relate to this forum.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby TH3180 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 pm

cobb wrote:

I guess I have a bit of a problem understanding what is fun or not in the Market Place, it is an area for selling and buying.
This thread is discussing Market Place issues and you seem to feel that the new Market Place rules are raining on your parade???
If you feel the need to express a concern, as options PM the mods, or maybe start a thread discussing your concerns in "Off Topic" if a serious discussion. Or post your concerns in the "Basement", a lot of discussion goes on there with very little moderation and you can express your concerns that relate to this forum.

Ok I'll bite. The fact that one can't post that the person is a great person to deal with in the market place. In my opinion is crap. Nothing can be posted anymore. For example, I have had some dealings with Badger and Vvrroomm. In the past if I saw they were selling something I would post something to the effect. Have no fear great guy to deal with. That may help the newer forum members know hay I'm not going to get ripped off here. Now I can't because I might get a time out. Here is another one. A gun is in the market place that I shot before. I can't say, hay I've shot that gun, it's real nice and if I had the cash it would be mine. If I post that I might get a time out.
Yes I know it's a free forum. If I don't like it go somewhere else. I get all that and with the **** I have going on in my life an internet forum is way low on the list of priorities. What I'm saying is if the moderators come down to hard on the members everyone will leave and the forum will be a ghost town. I have learned a ton from this forum and made some really good friends. I would hate to see it become a ghost town because then new shooters like myself(a 1.5 year ago) won't get the same benefit I have.
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby cobb on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 pm

That seems fair, so as you say.
TH3180 wrote:A gun is in the market place that I shot before. I can't say, hay I've shot that gun, it's real nice and if I had the cash it would be mine.

So that should be allowed, your are providing your opinion on this item for sale. Lets say you have that gun for sale and another person has a completely different experiences, they know first hand that the gun you have for sale is a piece of crap and the manufacture's customer service sucks. So again that should be allowed as a post about an item that you have for sale, the post is offering an honest first had experience.
In that case, the mods should do what? Interpret how or what is an honest comment in that sale thread?
The 6 August rule changes tried to address those situations. Keep it a sale, not a BS session on the item, there are other areas on this forum to discuss.

TH3180 wrote:The fact that one can't post that the person is a great person to deal with in the market place. In my opinion is crap. Nothing can be posted anymore. For example, I have had some dealings with Badger and Vvrroomm. In the past if I saw they were selling something I would post something to the effect. Have no fear great guy to deal with. That may help the newer forum members know hay I'm not going to get ripped off here. Now I can't because I might get a time out

A few years ago I dealt with what I thought a deadbeat buyer on a Minnesota forum. He PM'd me saying he wanted the 1911 grips that I had for sale, he also posted sold to him in my 1911 grip sale thread. Several PM's were exchanged with that buyer and he indicated that his payment was in the mail, but I never received any payment. Over a period of time this buyer made several excuses as to why I never received payment and it dragged out until I posted a negative comments about this buyer. So what did this do, it polluted my sale with BS about a deadbeat buyer, maybe similar to the posting of buy with confidence from Badger or Vvroomm. This deadbeat buyer was 1911fan, surprise, surprise, now how many here will not believe Pete would ever do such a thing. Yes he did, the sale was dragged out because of him, then I had the several PM's to document his excuses. Yes, Pete did make good and at the first ever Gopher breakfast I was introduced to Pete, he apologized and explained.

So enough reasoning or explanation. The new Market Place rules were put in place for a reason, read them and please follow them.

As far as.
TH3180 wrote:Yes I know it's a free forum. If I don't like it go somewhere else. I get all that and with the **** I have going on in my life an internet forum is way low on the list of priorities. What I'm saying is if the moderators come down to hard on the members everyone will leave and the forum will be a ghost town. I have learned a ton from this forum and made some really good friends. I would hate to see it become a ghost town because then new shooters like myself(a 1.5 year ago) won't get the same benefit I have.

Well the USA is still a great place, you have the freedom to do what you feel you need to do. 8-)
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING

cobb

Postby TH3180 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Cobb I get all the other stuff you posted. I would quote it but I am posting from my phone and it would be a pain to try and do multiple quotes. Plus it really doesn't matter what I think of the new rules.

Here is the part I don't get. Is the part I quoted here. Do what I feel I need to do? I expressed my opinion. Please explain what you mean.
cobb wrote:As far as.
TH3180 wrote:Yes I know it's a free forum. If I don't like it go somewhere else. I get all that and with the **** I have going on in my life an internet forum is way low on the list of priorities. What I'm saying is if the moderators come down to hard on the members everyone will leave and the forum will be a ghost town. I have learned a ton from this forum and made some really good friends. I would hate to see it become a ghost town because then new shooters like myself(a 1.5 year ago) won't get the same benefit I have.

Well the USA is still a great place, you have the freedom to do what you feel you need to do. 8-)
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Re: A thought on

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:29 pm

cobb wrote:
Stradawhovious wrote: I got a warning for almost the same thing on Wrench's Mosin for sale post. Everyone complains about mosins that are $100+, I though it was a good idea to inform people that $150 was a STEAL for a Finn M91.

So all the complainers just missed out on a good deal. But you feel the need to point out what the complainers are missing out on and in turn maybe ruining the deal for a buyer that actually knows this is a STEAL but a bit infrequent on this forum?
So I guess strads comment would have fallen under price bashing? :?

Now if the sale was maybe lacking information that would make it difficult to determine the actual value of, or if an item is more desirable, ask the needed question of the seller to clarify.

Initially I made the comment in this thread jest, but after you ridiculous comment I no longer see the humor in it.

Let me get this straight.....l so I'm the dick for cluing people in on a good deal? ruining a good deal? Seriously? Like the seller was going to receive LESS than asking price due to my comment? Price bashing? Really? You've got to be ******* kidding me. Not even you can't be thick enough to believe that.

And.....

cobb wrote:A few years ago I dealt with what I thought a deadbeat buyer on a Minnesota forum. He PM'd me saying he wanted the 1911 grips that I had for sale, he also posted sold to him in my 1911 grip sale thread. Several PM's were exchanged with that buyer and he indicated that his payment was in the mail, but I never received any payment. Over a period of time this buyer made several excuses as to why I never received payment and it dragged out until I posted a negative comments about this buyer. So what did this do, it polluted my sale with BS about a deadbeat buyer, maybe similar to the posting of buy with confidence from Badger or Vvroomm. This deadbeat buyer was 1911fan, surprise, surprise, now how many here will not believe Pete would ever do such a thing. Yes he did, the sale was dragged out because of him, then I had the several PM's to document his excuses. Yes, Pete did make good and at the first ever Gopher breakfast I was introduced to Pete, he apologized and explained.)

Dragging the name of a deceased man throught the mud? Especially one who is highly regarded on the forum?

Wow.

I knew Pete, you knew Pete, Lots of people knew Pete. He was highly respected here, and I'm pretty sure there is more to the story than you're letting on. You are taking it upon yourself to trash him in the open forum so soon after his unexpected death?

Wow.

:|

Sounds to me that you're on a witch hunt. Have fun with that.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby tacticalninja32 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:33 pm

TH3180 wrote:
cobb wrote:

Ok I'll bite. The fact that one can't post that the person is a great person to deal with in the market place. In my opinion is crap. Nothing can be posted anymore. For example, I have had some dealings with Badger and Vvrroomm. In the past if I saw they were selling something I would post something to the effect. Have no fear great guy to deal with. That may help the newer forum members know hay I'm not going to get ripped off here. Now I can't because I might get a time out. Here is another one. A gun is in the market place that I shot before. I can't say, hay I've shot that gun, it's real nice and if I had the cash it would be mine. If I post that I might get a time out.
Yes I know it's a free forum. If I don't like it go somewhere else. I get all that and with the **** I have going on in my life an internet forum is way low on the list of priorities. What I'm saying is if the moderators come down to hard on the members everyone will leave and the forum will be a ghost town. I have learned a ton from this forum and made some really good friends. I would hate to see it become a ghost town because then new shooters like myself(a 1.5 year ago) won't get the same benefit I have.

With that being said I also think word of mouth is the best advertisement, for instance I have a lot of friends that are in the Mankato, StJames area and when they ask me about a good instructor for a permit to carry I always had refer them to Rick from river alley but I think going forward I will stop refer anyone that way,
Blood makes the grass grow
tacticalninja32

Postby tacticalninja32 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Paul wrote:
cobb wrote:
tacticalninja32 wrote:I got a message too for one of my thread, not so much a warning but like a message of "ok I will be scrutinizing your every move." and all I did was update a status of an item, and it was a second post in the item and far exceed "the 72hours bump rule"

You got this from one of the mods? :?
Now I would be interested in seeing that, please forward that PM to me. 8-)

I'm sure there isn't one.

Ok the quotation part that you made bold was a feeling of the message you wrote to me Cobb, not exact syntax just the way I precieve your message,
Blood makes the grass grow
tacticalninja32

Postby cobb on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Stradawhovious wrote:
cobb wrote:
Stradawhovious wrote: I got a warning for almost the same thing on Wrench's Mosin for sale post. Everyone complains about mosins that are $100+, I though it was a good idea to inform people that $150 was a STEAL for a Finn M91.

So all the complainers just missed out on a good deal. But you feel the need to point out what the complainers are missing out on and in turn maybe ruining the deal for a buyer that actually knows this is a STEAL but a bit infrequent on this forum?
So I guess strads comment would have fallen under price bashing? :?

Now if the sale was maybe lacking information that would make it difficult to determine the actual value of, or if an item is more desirable, ask the needed question of the seller to clarify.

Initially I made the comment in this thread jest, but after you ridiculous comment I no longer see the humor in it.

Let me get this straight.....l so I'm the dick for cluing people in on a good deal? ruining a good deal? Seriously? Like the seller was going to receive LESS than asking price due to my comment? Price bashing? Really? You've got to be ******* kidding me. Not even you can't be thick enough to believe that.

And.....

cobb wrote:A few years ago I dealt with what I thought a deadbeat buyer on a Minnesota forum. He PM'd me saying he wanted the 1911 grips that I had for sale, he also posted sold to him in my 1911 grip sale thread. Several PM's were exchanged with that buyer and he indicated that his payment was in the mail, but I never received any payment. Over a period of time this buyer made several excuses as to why I never received payment and it dragged out until I posted a negative comments about this buyer. So what did this do, it polluted my sale with BS about a deadbeat buyer, maybe similar to the posting of buy with confidence from Badger or Vvroomm. This deadbeat buyer was 1911fan, surprise, surprise, now how many here will not believe Pete would ever do such a thing. Yes he did, the sale was dragged out because of him, then I had the several PM's to document his excuses. Yes, Pete did make good and at the first ever Gopher breakfast I was introduced to Pete, he apologized and explained.)

Dragging the name of a deceased man throught the mud? Especially one who is highly regarded on the forum?

Wow.

I knew Pete, you knew Pete, Lots of people knew Pete. He was highly respected here, and I'm pretty sure there is more to the story than you're letting on. You are taking it upon yourself to trash him in the open forum so soon after his unexpected death?

Wow.

Sounds to me that you're on a witch hunt. Have fun with that.

So I guess you get my point.

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING

cobb

Postby gyrfalcon on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 pm

If you want a static bland marketplace, armslist.com already exists. Mods could just do away with the entire forum and new rules and just hotlink to it. :lol:
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:23 pm

cobb wrote:So I guess you get my point.

Just in case I don't....... why don't you spell it out for me.

Assuming you can do so without violating the personal attack rules here.

Not that you would be held accountable if you did.......

If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Ivan45 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:15 am

I'm pretty new here, but I also thought it was rather inappropriate to use a specific person as an example in a negative way, alive or dead.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Ivan45

Postby ttousi on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:35 am

Seems the best way to eliminate the drama and the complaining on all fronts is to eliminate the marketplace

:hmm:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby gyrfalcon on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:19 am

ttousi wrote:Seems the best way to eliminate the drama and the complaining on all fronts is to eliminate the marketplace

Or just get rid of the market place rules, or majority of them. That way it wouldn't require much moderation, and people could argue, go off topic, bump or go about trying to sell/buy/trade things as they see fit.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby GunGoogler on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:51 am

gyrfalcon wrote:
ttousi wrote:Seems the best way to eliminate the drama and the complaining on all fronts is to eliminate the marketplace

Or just get rid of the market place rules, or majority of them. That way it wouldn't require much moderation, and people could argue, go off topic, bump or go about trying to sell/buy/trade things as they see fit.

True. Let the Marketplace run itself "free market" style. If people are that butthurt about it then they'll stop visiting or posting items for sale. Somehow, I doubt that it will have much effect. Maybe run it as a two month test? A nice little contest to see just how horrible the anarchy is.
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby TH3180 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:55 am

Am I to assume I'm not going to get an answer to my question?

TH3180 wrote:Cobb I get all the other stuff you posted. I would quote it but I am posting from my phone and it would be a pain to try and do multiple quotes. Plus it really doesn't matter what I think of the new rules.

Here is the part I don't get. Is the part I quoted here. Do what I feel I need to do? I expressed my opinion. Please explain what you mean.
cobb wrote:As far as.

TH3180

PreviousNext

Return to The Rules, Announcements & Support