Looking good

Please read the rules before posting

Looking good

Postby macphisto on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:08 pm

Thank you for setting this up, rucker.

ETA: It looks like avatars are currently disabled. Do you plan to enable them? Also, is it possible to move the user info for posts to the left margin? That's what I'm used to, but could probably adapt if need be. ;)
macphisto

Re: Looking good

Postby rucker on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:15 pm

Thanks for signing up and congratulations on being the first user :lol:

I am working on getting the word out to our brethren but it's slow going. If you agree with the idea of this forum feel free to spread the word.
rucker

Postby macphisto on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:21 pm

A lot of TCCarry users have been posting over at the Bill's Gun Shop forum and also phorvick's Shooting Safely. Lots of places to read and post is better than none at all. I'm not sure how this will all pan out, but it should be interesting.
macphisto

Postby rucker on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:29 pm

I wasn't aware of phorvicks forum until after I got the ball rolling on this. It seems like his place has a much different focus than here. I sent him a message to see what he thinks of the whole situation.

I signed up for Bill's but they are taking forever to send my confirmation. What do you think about the situation? I kind of feel that it would be rude/inconsiderate to advertise my site on Bill's but at the same time I don't think a store's own forum is a good place for open discussion.
rucker

Postby e5usmc on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:38 pm

I'm going to frequent all 3 for the time being... Going to let this play out to see what ends up working best.

Thanks for setting this up, rucker!!
e5usmc

Postby macphisto on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:49 pm

I posted a link to here on Bill's forum in the Vacation thread. phorvick posted a link to his newly re-opened forum as well. I doubt the Bill's folks mind, but if so they're free to delete the posts.

I was dismayed when I read about the possibility of TCCarry closing its doors this morning and even more so when it actually happened. That said, I'm very pleased people like you and phorvick have taken the initiative to quickly setup new forums. The saying, "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" comes to mind. There are so many great people with extensive and varying experiences that have come together to create a really good thing. It doesn't matter where the discourse and sharing of information happens, as long as it happens.
macphisto

Postby Thor on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:50 pm

I'm here. AKA "BigRobT" (I prefer the Thor moniker better)
Thor

Postby hammAR on Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:13 pm

+1 on what e5 and mac said.....................
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby rucker on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:19 pm

macphisto wrote:ETA: It looks like avatars are currently disabled. Do you plan to enable them? Also, is it possible to move the user info for posts to the left margin? That's what I'm used to, but could probably adapt if need be. ;)

Sorry, I missed this earlier. That looks to be pretty easy to do but I have to edit some css files. I will do that tonight when I get home.

edit: avatars are enabled, still working on moving the user info to the left side
rucker

Postby Ramoel on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:24 pm

Thanks for opening this forum. Good to have a place to go and be in on the ground floor. Maybe in a few months this will be THE place for MN gun toters to gather.
Ron

NRA Life Member
USS Bristol DD857

Everyone dies, some live first...
Ramoel

Postby rucker on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:50 pm

Ramoel wrote:Thanks for opening this forum. Good to have a place to go and be in on the ground floor. Maybe in a few months this will be THE place for MN gun toters to gather.

Welcome to the forum!
rucker

Postby jac714 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:07 pm

Looks good.

The response to the "vacation" has been interesting, the emergence of options is interesting.
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby rucker on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:10 pm

jac714 wrote:Looks good.

The response to the "vacation" has been interesting, the emergence of options is interesting.

I truly do hope that Joel reopens his forum as it has been a great source of information and discussion for many people. When things like this happen though options are good to have and my intent is to have this option available for quite some time ;)
rucker

Postby Pat on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:13 pm

Ramoel wrote:Thanks for opening this forum. Good to have a place to go and be in on the ground floor. Maybe in a few months this will be THE place for MN gun toters to gather.

You know, I actually hope that we can get over this current family feud. We have all put a great deal of time into building quite a powerful database of information at TCC.

Am sad, yet also relieved somehow. The tension had become unbearable…
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby pastorpaul on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:37 pm

Pat wrote:
You know, I actually hope that we can get over this current family feud. We have all put a great deal of time into building quite a powerful database of information at TCC.

Am sad, yet also relieved somehow. The tension had become unbearable…

well put and your hope is a humbling reminder to me. thanks.
j in J - pp

polish by heritage; american by birth; patriot by conviction; saved by grace through faith in Christ!
pastorpaul

Next

Return to The Rules, Announcements & Support