Looking good

Please read the rules before posting

Re: Looking good

Postby rucker on Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:32 pm

e5usmc wrote:Critique?? Thought the yellow would make the best contrast...

.gif format.

I like it :o
rucker

Postby westberg on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:17 pm

I like it.

Ron
westberg

Postby brauchma on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:56 pm

e5usmc wrote:Critique?? Thought the yellow would make the best contrast...

.gif format.

Outstanding! Just what I was thinking!
"Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist" - Col. Jeff Cooper

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine
brauchma

Postby e5usmc on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:14 pm

By all means, there is obviously no obligation for you to use it. But consider it yours to do with as you wish, rucker...

I merely had a few spare minutes and was looking for a small project, this fit the bill perfectly. I just didn't much care for the default logo...

When you get something better, I'll have no hurt feelings when it comes down. Or if you have something else in mind, I'd be happy to see what I can put together - keeping in mind I am no expert, just enjoy experimenting with graphics...
e5usmc

Postby brauchma on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:35 pm

e5usmc wrote:By all means, there is obviously no obligation for you to use it. But consider it yours to do with as you wish, rucker...

I merely had a few spare minutes and was looking for a small project, this fit the bill perfectly. I just didn't much care for the default logo...

When you get something better, I'll have no hurt feelings when it comes down. Or if you have something else in mind, I'd be happy to see what I can put together - keeping in mind I am no expert, just enjoy experimenting with graphics...

What did you use to compile it? Adobe Photoshop, paint.net(free), ...?

It looks good for...
e5usmc wrote:keeping in mind I am no expert, just enjoy experimenting with graphics...
"Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist" - Col. Jeff Cooper

brauchma

Postby jac714 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:59 pm

Rucker:

Love the new logo, good stuff
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby rucker on Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:46 pm

jac714 wrote:Rucker:

Love the new logo, good stuff

Thank e5usmc, he created it :D
rucker

Postby jac714 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:15 pm

I think the logo is absolutely brilliant as they would say in the West End.

Good job.
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby SethB on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:48 pm

I was going to recommend clipping the 2nd Amendment from a .gif of the Constitution on parchment.
SethB

Postby brauchma on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:52 pm

SethB wrote:I was going to recommend clipping the 2nd Amendment from a .gif of the Constitution on parchment.

Ooooo... I like that as well.

brauchma

Postby e5usmc on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:38 am

brauchma wrote:What did you use to compile it?

I go between GIMP and PS, depending on which computer I'm using at the time...

Glad people seem to like it, the 2A idea is good too - might have to revisit the drawing board....
e5usmc

Postby hammAR on Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:00 am

e5usmc wrote:Glad people seem to like it, the 2A idea is good too - might have to revisit the drawing board....

Great work dude......Can't one put more than one flyer/banner, or whatever it's called, on the top of the master page.....

All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby e5usmc on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:15 pm

SethB wrote:I was going to recommend clipping the 2nd Amendment from a .gif of the Constitution on parchment.

Anyone have an appropriate clipping of the 2nd Amendment, in script, on parchment? I've been looking all over for one and have come up empty handed...

I have a nice outline of MN filled with the Stars and Stripes, and can recreate the "MNGunTalk" text, but am at a loss for the clip of the 2nd...

If there are other suggestions, please let me know. But before putting in a ton of time for a new logo, if one is desired, I'd like to take direction from our new host.

Of course, if someone here is better at this sort of thing than I am, please feel free...
e5usmc

Postby rucker on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:24 pm

hammAR wrote:
e5usmc wrote:Glad people seem to like it, the 2A idea is good too - might have to revisit the drawing board....

Great work dude......Can't one put more than one flyer/banner, or whatever it's called, on the top of the master page.....

e5usmc wrote:

Anyone have an appropriate clipping of the 2nd Amendment, in script, on parchment? I've been looking all over for one and have come up empty handed...

I have a nice outline of MN filled with the Stars and Stripes, and can recreate the "MNGunTalk" text, but am at a loss for the clip of the 2nd...

If there are other suggestions, please let me know. But before putting in a ton of time for a new logo, if one is desired, I'd like to take direction from our new host.

Of course, if someone here is better at this sort of thing than I am, please feel free...

Sorry, I have been a bit busy and haven't been reading as many of the posts as I should be. In my opinion having more than one logo on the top will get kind of confusing and cluttered. Also, I am not quite sure yet, but I might use all that empty space up there for some other things I have planned. I think the logo we have now is great but if you want to make another one that everybody likes better we can certainly switch it.
rucker

Postby e5usmc on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:31 pm

I'll just let it stand then 8-)

I'll go back to tinkering with avatars... :ugeek:
e5usmc

PreviousNext

Return to The Rules, Announcements & Support