Privacy Settings

Please read the rules before posting

Privacy Settings

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:04 pm

Right now I have the forum set up so that the public and search engines can view all of the forums EXCEPT for the "Market Place" and "Minnesota Personal Protection Act" categories. For those forums only registered users can view the forum and search engines will not index it.

I hope this satisfies any privacy concerns you may have. Please post here if there is anything I missed.
rucker

Re: Privacy Settings

Postby hammAR on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:10 pm

I think that you covered it, and well.................

I was confused for a second, as I was in the middle of responding to your poll.....
then it disappeared.........
thought that I got banned before I could get started................. :P :mrgreen:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:11 pm

hammAR wrote:I think that you covered it, and well.................

I was confused for a second, as I was in the middle of responding to your poll.....
then it disappeared.........
thought that I got banned before I could get started................. :P :mrgreen:

I typed that all up and then decided to simplify and just get it done. Sorry about that :oops:
rucker

Postby plblark on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:13 pm

Well, HammAR, the best defense is a good offense :-)

Preemptive banning, I like it...
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby hammAR on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:19 pm

Guess that I am SOL.......

Glad to see that you could sneak in during daylight hours................... 8-)

hammAR

Postby plblark on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:25 pm

ShootingSafely and the future MNGunTalk or whatever have much more benign names and , being new, are not on the filter list (yet). So it works great. The proxy to Bill's might have worked in that they may not have blocked it but since they specifically prohibit proxy and filter circumvention sites I'll bet it would raise a flag and that isn't good.

This is a nice site. I'm looking forward to discovering what PHBB3 has to offer.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby cmj685 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:09 pm

Just wondering...(and I know nothing so don't take anything I say very seriously): would a different name than "Market Place" help better identify the place where serious conversations not for the public take place? "Strategy" or something along that line was, I thought, a pretty good descriptor.
Oh, and welcome to plblark--met him briefly at the last "2nd Saturday Breakfast" and was impressed by such wisdom residing in such a young whippersnapper.
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:11 pm

cmj685 wrote:Just wondering...(and I know nothing so don't take anything I say very seriously): would a different name than "Market Place" help better identify the place where serious conversations not for the public take place? "Strategy" or something along that line was, I thought, a pretty good descriptor.

huh? Both the market place AND the minnesota personal protection act groups of forums are private. The market place is supposed to be just for buying/selling stuff. I moved the Tactics forum under the MPPA group, so it is now completely private. Am I not following you?
rucker

Postby e5usmc on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:12 pm

I think he just meant that things in Marketplace would not be able to be found via a Google search - that you actually have to find it manually by going into that thread.

It's not a "backroom" out of the view of the general public...

I leave a wide berth to be corrected...
e5usmc

Postby e5usmc on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:13 pm

e5usmc wrote:I leave a wide berth to be corrected...

As I was before I even realized it... :oops:
e5usmc

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:15 pm

e5usmc wrote:I think he just meant that things in Marketplace would not be able to be found via a Google search - that you actually have to find it manually by going into that thread.

It's not a "backroom" out of the view of the general public...

I leave a wide berth to be corrected...

it's completely up to you guys. I thought maybe people wouldn't want others to know about their group buy of "scary big magazines" or something. I will make it public if everyone thinks that is ok.
rucker

Postby hammAR on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:24 pm

I IMESHO, think that you should keep some of the group by stuff out of "public" view......Members Only kind of stuff.................just as a "Strategy" seciton might not be bad either..............$.02........
hammAR

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:32 pm

hammAR wrote:I IMESHO, think that you should keep some of the group by stuff out of "public" view......Members Only kind of stuff.................just as a "Strategy" seciton might not be bad either..............$.02........

what exactly do you mean by Strategy? Just want to make sure I make the right thing in the right place.
rucker

Postby hammAR on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:41 pm

It was just something to consider, in cases where we want to organize or plan an event or such, and we want to discuss ideas before it is decided to make it public........just throwing it out there........sorry tin foil hat slipped off the shelf and landed on my head for a minute..... :roll:
hammAR

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:42 pm

hammAR wrote:It was just something to consider, in cases where we want to organize or plan an event or such, and we want to discuss ideas before it is decided to make it public........just throwing it out there........sorry tin foil hat slipped off the shelf and landed on my head for a minute..... :roll:

That's a good idea, I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page.
rucker

Next

Return to The Rules, Announcements & Support