How can I edit my own topic or reply?

Please read the rules before posting

Re: How can I edit my own topic or reply?

Postby Lady Glock on Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:29 pm

cobb wrote: But because of this, please do not feel that you should not do things that may upset the kids, do what you think you need to do on your forum to make it the best you can and if the kids don't agree, they will let you know. ;)
Just because the kids don't agree...doesn't mean it isn't the right thing to do. I think if you believe it to be the right thing, stick to your guns. If there is a happy medium you are comfortable with, make the change. It's your front room...we are the guests.
Lady Glock

Postby cobb on Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:35 pm

Lady Glock wrote:
cobb wrote: But because of this, please do not feel that you should not do things that may upset the kids, do what you think you need to do on your forum to make it the best you can and if the kids don't agree, they will let you know. ;)
Just because the kids don't agree...doesn't mean it isn't the right thing to do. I think if you believe it to be the right thing, stick to your guns. If there is a happy medium you are comfortable with, make the change. It's your front room...we are the guests.

:iagree: I think we agree, as usual, I am poor at putting my opinions into print as I want them.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby JohninMinnesota on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Oops. I did it again.

Information
You have been banned from this board until Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:51 am.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Personal Attacks/Duplicate Accounts

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

I've been banned for a week for what reason again? A personal attack? Moderators, please chime in here.

If you want me to start my own bulletin board on the Internet, I will be happy to. It won't be "my bulletin board" though. It will be "a" bulletin board about gun stuff - I don't think Rucker started out wanting this to be his personal place in cyberspace to lord over, but I could be wrong. Mike, care to speak to this?

I am pissed at jac455 for putting posts into my JohninMinnesota account. To me that crossed the line between moderating and learning me a lesson. Is learning me a lesson part of the program here?

I am now pissed at jac455 for banning me for "personal attacks", which are nothing close to personal attacks. Calling him an egg-headed dog kissing dumb ass would be more along the lines of "personal attacks" and what happened to the deluxe warning tree of first, second, third, fourth?

Do you want a great bulletin board or a great place for a few egos to rule? ttousi, and Rucker, I of course am not referring to you on this issue. This is my third account today. This time I did make it a point to mask my identity (kind of) and did it so I could continue my rant.

I was fixin to abandon the online community, but I got tweaked and wanted to make a point. I hope I made it.
anger burns and fills with hatred - wreaks havoc on the soul - what goes out comes back three fold - end it now
JohninMinnesota

Postby Aceq2jot on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:06 pm

CY80r6 wrote:Oops. I did it again.

Information

I've been banned for a week for what reason again? A personal attack? Moderators, please chime in here.

If you want me to start my own bulletin board on the Internet, I will be happy to. It won't be "my bulletin board" though. It will be "a" bulletin board about gun stuff - I don't think Rucker started out wanting this to be his personal place in cyberspace to lord over, but I could be wrong. Mike, care to speak to this?

I am pissed at jac455 for putting posts into my JohninMinnesota account. To me that crossed the line between moderating and learning me a lesson. Is learning me a lesson part of the program here?

I am now pissed at jac455 for banning me for "personal attacks", which are nothing close to personal attacks. Calling him an egg-headed dog kissing dumb ass would be more along the lines of "personal attacks" and what happened to the deluxe warning tree of first, second, third, fourth?

Do you want a great bulletin board or a great place for a few egos to rule? ttousi, and Rucker, I of course am not referring to you on this issue. This is my third account today. This time I did make it a point to mask my identity (kind of) and did it so I could continue my rant.

I was fixin to abandon the online community, but I got tweaked and wanted to make a point. I hope I made it.

You know he last time he was a mod he went in and changed my posts a lot :o :o :o

And dont you just love proxies :D I get emailed a list of proxies every week to use :D

And the best thing is they are un-traceable :D

But i figure it is only a little time till everyone sees the true colours and figures out what i said to start with.
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Postby Lady Glock on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:14 pm

It's very childish to create duplicate accounts and post rants that you know aren't going to be welcome. Doesn't say much for you as a person when you can't respect the rules of someone's forum.
Lady Glock

Postby rucker on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:22 pm

It is absolutely mind boggling how far you have blown this out of proportion :shock: No duplicate accounts has been a rule since the beginning of the forum. I even sent you a PM saying I thought it was funny but, since it's a rule and we have done it for others, we have have to be fair and remove it. Not really a big deal; you might think that would be the end of it.... :roll:

I bolded the key points for you.
rucker

Postby princewally on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:59 pm

Aceq2jot wrote:You know he last time he was a mod he went in and changed my posts a lot :o :o :o

And dont you just love proxies :D I get emailed a list of proxies every week to use :D

But i figure it is only a little time till everyone sees the true colours and figures out what i said to start with.

Computer trespass? Advocating illegal activity? Gotta love folks like that associated with LEOs.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby Widge on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:11 pm

princewally wrote:
Aceq2jot wrote:You know he last time he was a mod he went in and changed my posts a lot :o :o :o

Computer trespass? Advocating illegal activity? Gotta love folks like that associated with LEOs.

There's nothing illegal about having a proxy. It's what you do with it that makes it unlawful (or not), and creating an anonymous forum identity is a transgression of forum rules, not the law, unless you do it for some illegal purpose.
I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Widge

Postby jac714 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Aceq2jot wrote:

Information

You know he last time he was a mod he went in and changed my posts a lot :o :o :o

You sir are sadly mistaken, I have NEVER changed one of your posts.

Yet another attack.
jac714

Postby princewally on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:37 pm

Widge wrote:
There's nothing illegal about having a proxy. It's what you do with it that makes it unlawful (or not), and creating an anonymous forum identity is a transgression of forum rules, not the law, unless you do it for some illegal purpose.

Bypassing a ban via a proxy is computer trespass.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby Aceq2jot on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:40 pm

jac714 wrote:

Yet another attack.

See you label anything that does not suit your needs or views a attack. I must say either there is a problem or you are very thin skinned. And a couple of times you edited my posts etc, when you were a mod last time as we went around with it then.

But because i cant be bothered wasting my energy and i m sure no one really needs to see how much you dislike me. SO i will let it go but i know what i recall and ao do others that i have spoke with who also remember it.

So i will let it go and just put you on ignore so i dont have to read your posts making accusations against me.
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Postby rucker on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:44 pm

CY80r6 wrote:If you want me to start my own bulletin board on the Internet, I will be happy to. It won't be "my bulletin board" though. It will be "a" bulletin board about gun stuff - I don't think Rucker started out wanting this to be his personal place in cyberspace to lord over, but I could be wrong. Mike, care to speak to this?

I didn't notice this before... I think this is a pretty ridiculous statement but I'll answer. I didn't, and still don't, want this to be my personal place to lord over. There are a few simple rules that have been in place since the very beginning. You broke one of them by making a duplicate account and we removed the duplicate account. It wasn't a big deal at all until you chose to make it a big deal, you chose to attack a moderator for enforcing the rules that I wrote, and you chose to continue breaking the rule that we initially brought to your attention.

I really don't understand what your problem is :?
rucker

Postby jac714 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:45 pm

Aceq2jot wrote:
jac714 wrote:

Yet another attack.

See you label anything that does not suit your needs or views a attack. I must say either there is a problem or you are very thin skinned. And a couple of times you edited my posts etc, when you were a mod last time as we went around with it then.

But because i cant be bothered wasting my energy and i m sure no one really needs to see how much you dislike me. SO i will let it go but i know what i recall and ao do others that i have spoke with who also remember it.

So i will let it go and just put you on ignore so i dont have to read your posts making accusations against me.

Might want to check out the ignotre feature, you cannot ignor mods or admins.

You are one to talk about allegations, at least mine are based in fact rather than your fantasies.

It is not that I am thin skinned, it is that I am fed up with you. You break rules anytime you want an apparently feel that people owe you something. They don't.
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby rucker on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:49 pm

Aceq2jot wrote:See you label anything that does not suit your needs or views a attack.

He was calling your lie about his actions an attack. Every time a post is edited or deleted it is logged. I view the logs quite frequently and I never noticed him editing your posts and you certainly never brought it to my attention.

He was responding to your post making accusations against him :roll:
rucker

Postby ttousi on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:49 pm

You know he last time he was a mod he went in and changed my posts a lot

And a couple of times you edited my posts etc, when you were a mod last time as we went around with it then.

So did he edit or change .........
a lot
or a
couple of times

Please clarify and substantiate your claims.............if you cannot, I suggest you edit your own posts to remove the allegations.

Thank you
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

PreviousNext

Return to The Rules, Announcements & Support