Bumping

Please read the rules before posting

Re: Bumping

Postby ttousi on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:43 am

looks like we have to set the ability for the author to delete so that re-posting will not result in dupes
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Mn01r6 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:00 am

You have also removed the ability to report posts. There are duplicate posts about sporting clays on a groupon-like site in the marketplace currently.

EDIT: I guess these are minutely different. One is lunch, one is dinner...still spamming for traffic to his commercial website IMHO.
Mn01r6

Postby JJ on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:23 am

Mn01r6 wrote:You have also removed the ability to report posts. There are duplicate posts about sporting clays on a groupon-like site in the marketplace currently.

EDIT: I guess these are minutely different. One is lunch, one is dinner...still spamming for traffic to his commercial website IMHO.

ZOMG!

WE"RE ALL GONNA DIE! Someone is trying to drive some business, and within the rules!

ZOMG!

The more people bitch about others bending/breaking the rules, the worse it gets around here. More complaints = more restrictions

Maybe everyone should just ignore the sh!t that doesn't DIRECTLY affect them, and move the fawk on with their lives.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby JTapper on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:37 am

kollector03 wrote:As of 8/5/13, I am unable to bump a thread more than once and I am unable to delete a thread so I can kill the dead thread to relist or move it to another venue.

Probably a software issue, but it sure is strange.

A few of us brought up the same issue a few weeks back and were basically told to kick rocks.
JTapper

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:08 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmm SPAM, yummmmmmm - fried or right out of the can
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby ttousi on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:33 pm

JTapper wrote:
kollector03 wrote:As of 8/5/13, I am unable to bump a thread more than once and I am unable to delete a thread so I can kill the dead thread to relist or move it to another venue.

A few of us brought up the same issue a few weeks back and were basically told to kick rocks.

What the **** would you like me to do

No one here has the ability to do anything more than we have tried.........we have an absentee owner and no access to the server which is needed to make some of the changes you folks complain about.

Door prize for the next complaint/whine/dead horse beating about the software issues is an automatic month vacation

:evil:
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby ttousi on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Mn01r6 wrote:You have also removed the ability to report posts. There are duplicate posts about sporting clays on a groupon-like site in the marketplace currently.

Your PM function should work to give us a heads up if the report post doesn't work
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

ttousi

Bumping

Postby plblark on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:05 pm

viewtopic.php?t=45370

Example of newer thread without bump ability after first time.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby ttousi on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:16 pm

plblark wrote:http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=45370

yes, Paul I am aware of the issue but haven't been able to set the bump number any higher.
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

ttousi

Re: Re: Bumping

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:30 pm

ttousi wrote:
JTapper wrote:

What the **** would you like me to do

No one here has the ability to do anything more than we have tried.........we have an absentee owner and no access to the server which is needed to make some of the changes you folks complain about.

Door prize for the next complaint/whine/dead horse beating about the software issues is an automatic month vacation

:evil:

Start a new site, leave this one for reference and move on.
Thunder71

Bumping

Postby plblark on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:41 pm

ttousi wrote:
plblark wrote:http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=45370

yes, Paul I am aware of the issue but haven't been able to set the bump number any higher.

Apologies. Was reading along where you asked for examples earlier.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Mn01r6 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:23 pm

My apologies too. I didn't know I was rubbing salt in an old wound. I think the mods here do a wonderful and thankless job.
Mn01r6

Postby oldbenwa on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Were you still going to add the ability for Authors to delete threads? Or do I just make a new thread (after bumping once) for the item I have for sale and leave the old thread alone?

Thanks!
oldbenwa

Previous

Return to The Rules, Announcements & Support