Attention TC Carry refugees...

Please read the rules before posting

Attention TC Carry refugees...

Postby rucker on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:15 pm

We are all scattered at the moment. It would appear that most people went to either Bill's Gun Shop or to http://shootingsafely.com/phpBB/index.php which is run by phorvick. As others have pointed out there are a lot of great people out there and more discussion, where ever it occurs, is better than none.
rucker

Re: Attention TC Carry refugees...

Postby brauchma on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:58 pm

rucker wrote:We are all scattered at the moment. It would appear that most people went to either Bill's Gun Shop or to http://shootingsafely.com/phpBB/index.php which is run by phorvick. As others have pointed out there are a lot of great people out there and more discussion, where ever it occurs, is better than none.

I will spread the word about this one. I have been getting a bad taste in my mouth over that last few months at tccarry forum. again, thanks for doing this....
"Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist" - Col. Jeff Cooper

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine
brauchma

Postby ttousi on Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:16 pm

yo
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:46 am

Well, I guess Joel figured out the private message loophole, I can't send PM's anymore. Can anyone else?

Since you have to send an individual message to each person what I was doing was writing down the names in the most active threads and inviting those people first. There are still so many more who I haven't invited yet :(
rucker

Postby princewally on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:38 am

I am locked out of PMs, too. That's just mean, cutting us off from the community like that. I hope the trainwreck that ended in this vacation is over.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby pastorpaul on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:08 am

i think we all can spread the word about the new sites. my appreciation to all who have stepped up to the plate.
i also think Dean's words in his invitation to go to bgs have great merit and wisdom (as close as i can recall and quote): "let's let that thing lie". if i may be so bold to as to comment, bringing up the past will serve little or no purpose. let's just go on from here and be vigilant to insure the present is the best we can make of it. i hope and pray the same for all former tcc users, including joel. and, God willing, all of us will learn and the better for it, perhaps with a renewed and improved tcc as well as new and improved forums that will bless us all.
don't mean to preach. just a force of habit.
j in J - pp

polish by heritage; american by birth; patriot by conviction; saved by grace through faith in Christ!
pastorpaul

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:20 am

pastorpaul wrote:i think we all can spread the word about the new sites. my appreciation to all who have stepped up to the plate.
i also think Dean's words in his invitation to go to bgs have great merit and wisdom (as close as i can recall and quote): "let's let that thing lie". if i may be so bold to as to comment, bringing up the past will serve little or no purpose. let's just go on from here and be vigilant to insure the present is the best we can make of it. i hope and pray the same for all former tcc users, including joel. and, God willing, all of us will learn and the better for it, perhaps with a renewed and improved tcc as well as new and improved forums that will bless us all.

I agree. If you like the forum please spread the word. No matter what other forums do this one is here to stay. It was inevitable that we talk about it in the beginning but there is no need to dwell on the past.
rucker

Postby onebohemian on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:57 am

Hey, hey, hey.

Just saying "hey."
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:58 am

onebohemian wrote:Hey, hey, hey.

Just saying "hey."

welcome to the forum!
rucker

Postby Newman on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:25 am

Just checking in.
Newman

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:30 am

pastorpaul wrote:i think we all can spread the word about the new sites. my appreciation to all who have stepped up to the plate.

AMEN! I did'nt take it as preaching, more of a prayer of good will. 8-)
Thanks for the invite Rucker, and letting me in 8-)
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Postby cmj685 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:22 pm

If I could just have one wish....
One of the things to think about, especially in light of the sad circumstances come to our previous forum, is whether the forum is going to be a place for a community to gather, or a place which is used to push some kind of more-or-less private agenda (whatever that may be). If it is going to be a community, then respectful disagreement by honorable men will be natural. We should never hear things like "My board, my rules" or that kind of expression, used to threaten or bully others. Of course it is a given that whoever pays and puts the effort in to make the forum work will be considered a leader among equals, but when words like that are spoken toward others, then their sense of "our community" dies...and once the sense of having an important place in an important community dies, then the forum becomes more or less irrelevent anymore. I think what we all want is a community. But if it is "ours" then it can't be just "mine". Site owners and members all have to remember that--it is not "mine" so that I can do or say whatever I want to. It is something far bigger and better than mine--it is ours.
Last edited by cmj685 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby Ramoel on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:25 pm

cmj685 wrote:If I could just have one wish....
One of the things to think about, and which probably torpedoed the last place, is whether the forum is going to be a place for a community to gather, or a place which is used to push some kind of more-or-less private agenda (whatever that may be). If it is going to be a community, then respectful disagreement by honorable men will be natural. We should never hear things like "My board, my rules" or and that kind of expression. Of course it is a given that whoever pays and puts the effort in to make the forum work will be considered a leader among equals, but when words become a weapon for bullying, then the sense of community dies. I think what we all want is a community. But if it is "ours" then it can't be just "mine". Site owners and members all have to remember that--it is not "mine" so that I can do whatever I want to. It is something far bigger and better--it is ours.

My thoughts exactly. :D I totally agree.
Ron

NRA Life Member
USS Bristol DD857

Everyone dies, some live first...
Ramoel

Postby rucker on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:41 pm

cmj685 wrote:If I could just have one wish....
One of the things to think about, and which probably torpedoed the last place, is whether the forum is going to be a place for a community to gather, or a place which is used to push some kind of more-or-less private agenda (whatever that may be). If it is going to be a community, then respectful disagreement by honorable men will be natural. We should never hear things like "My board, my rules" or that kind of expression. Of course it is a given that whoever pays and puts the effort in to make the forum work will be considered a leader among equals, but when words become a weapon for bullying, then the sense of community dies...and once the sense of having an important place in an important community dies, then the forum becomes more or less irrelevent anymore. I think what we all want is a community. But if it is "ours" then it can't be just "mine". Site owners and members all have to remember that--it is not "mine" so that I can do or say whatever I want to. It is something far bigger and better than mine--it is ours.

Your wish is granted :) I do view this as a public service. I sell computers for a living, there is no personal agenda coming from me. I will enforce the really simple rules, but otherwise the board is for the members to make of it what they will.
rucker

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:57 pm

Rucker and CMJImageImageImage 8-)
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Next

Return to The Rules, Announcements & Support