Congradulations rucker

Please read the rules before posting

Congradulations rucker

Postby hammAR on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:17 pm

I personally want to say thanks to rucker and CONGRADULATIONS to MNGunTalk because in roughly 2 1/5 days in operation that the Statistics for today are: Total posts 702 | Total topics 79 | Total members 85 |

Now that is a Surge........... :lol:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Re: Congradulations rucker

Postby brauchma on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:55 pm

Nice work! I am digging this new pad. Lets keep growing it!
"Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist" - Col. Jeff Cooper

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine
brauchma

Postby plblark on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Thanks for offering us a place out of the rain. Well done.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby phorvick on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Just a quick FYI. My little temporary reprieve from the rain is still alive, but will most likely be disabled in a few days ... There is no need to have dueling forums (oh, I know that was not the case...just a turn of a phrase).

Since I do not have the technical expertise to make things run well (obviously!), and re-inventing the wheel seems like a venture without much logic, and since this campsite is getting filled....well, again, no point in building a Super 8 when the Holiday Inn is growing by leaps and bounds.

PDH
Where did I leave the Tardis?
phorvick

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:41 pm

phorvick wrote:Just a quick FYI. My little temporary reprieve from the rain is still alive, but will most likely be disabled in a few days ... There is no need to have dueling forums (oh, I know that was not the case...just a turn of a phrase).

Since I do not have the technical expertise to make things run well (obviously!), and re-inventing the wheel seems like a venture without much logic, and since this campsite is getting filled....well, again, no point in building a Super 8 when the Holiday Inn is growing by leaps and bounds.

PDH

Thanks Rucker and Paul 2 very cool dudes 8-) 8-) 8-)
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Postby 101CombatVet on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:45 pm

I agree great site and great people...

We just cant have anyone go on vacation :lol: :lol:
S&W M&P .40, 9c

www.mp-pistol.com

We dont need gun control we need bullet control-Chris Rock
101CombatVet

Postby ttousi on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:46 pm

Thanks Paul, and of course rucker as well
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Srigs on Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Great job on the site! :D
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby SethB on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:53 pm

phorvick wrote:Just a quick FYI. My little temporary reprieve from the rain is still alive, but will most likely be disabled in a few days ... There is no need to have dueling forums (oh, I know that was not the case...just a turn of a phrase).

How about mirroring this one, so in case something goes bad you can turn it live quickly and people won't lose anything?

Note that I'm not suggesting any particular badness; I've been in the field long enough to know that computers melt.
SethB

Postby rucker on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:57 pm

SethB wrote:

How about mirroring this one, so in case something goes bad you can turn it live quickly and people won't lose anything?

Note that I'm not suggesting any particular badness; I've been in the field long enough to know that computers melt.

Starting out, and not knowing how things are going to behave, I have been backing up every 6-12 hours. I will soon be moving to a new hosting company (so far thinking of hostgator.com if interested) that, from what I can tell, has a pretty good reputation. If it goes down I will have it back up as soon as possible.
rucker

Re: Congratulations rucker

Postby Pat on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:09 pm

What is this thing actually costing you/guys?

I feel that the cost should be born by the forum members, so that we do not ever again end up in a situation where an individual "owner" is allowed to say, "Good bye..."

Perhaps we could make the bulk of the forum "members only," and charge regular members a minimal annual fee. Anything remaining could go to a truly needy cause, which would offer us the opportunity to show the complementary side of our 2A zeal.

Whatcha think?
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Re: Congratulations rucker

Postby rucker on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:14 pm

Pat wrote:What is this thing actually costing you/guys?

I feel that the cost should be born by the forum members, so that we do not ever again end up in a situation where an individual "owner" is allowed to say, "Good bye..."

Perhaps we could make the bulk of the forum "members only," and charge regular members a minimal annual fee. Anything remaining could go to a truly needy cause, which would offer us the opportunity to show the complementary side of our 2A zeal.

Whatcha think?

It all depends on the size of the forum. Domains have cost about $30 so far and I'm maybe going to add one more. I am currently paying $1.99 a month for hosting :o Then again, we are going to outgrow this hosting in less than a month. :cry: Future hosting will range anywhere from $15 to $100 a month. Possibly when I switch hosting plans I will set up a tip jar and people, if they wish, can paypal me a dollar or something like that. Don't worry though, if I get sick of it I will hand it over not shut it down.
rucker

Postby Ramoel on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Interesting idea Pat. I'm sure if most of the old TCC group ends up here it wouldn't cost that much per person.
Ron

NRA Life Member
USS Bristol DD857

Everyone dies, some live first...
Ramoel

Postby brauchma on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:18 pm

I would tip! If you need help with anything, let me know.
"Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist" - Col. Jeff Cooper

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine
brauchma

Postby Thor on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:24 pm

rucker, usmilnet has had some good service from godaddy. No major screw ups. We did have to increase our bandwidth a couple of months ago. The hosting plan we're on costs $15/mo. Godaddy just had a thing out that if one got the hosting plan with them that the domain name only cost $2.
Thor

Next

Return to The Rules, Announcements & Support