.45 ACP moonclips, and belt clips DONE THANKS

Loan holsters or other equipment to other users

.45 ACP moonclips, and belt clips DONE THANKS

Postby down10ftn on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:00 am

Hey all,
I just picked up a SW 625. It came with 5 moonclips. A classifier requires 15 of these. Does anyone have moonclips and belt carriers I could borrow for the classifier on the 8th? Or know of a place to get them in Mpls/St. Paul area? I ordered some about 3 weeks ago from some obscure place in CA, but have not received anything but a backorder. Any assistance or guidance would be helpful.
thanks!
timothy j lunde
Last edited by down10ftn on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. "
Ronald Reagan
down10ftn

Re: .45 ACP moonclips, and belt clips wanted

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:07 am

I can probably help you out. I have a competition rig for a 4" 625, moon clips, holders and the like.

I would absolutely need them back though....... I've had a busy summer so I haven't shot anything competitively, but I'm far from done competing. I'm in south mpls.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Grandpa Rex on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:38 am

Try DKMags for the clips. I have gotten moon clips from them in the past. Not listed on the web site so give them a call.

https://www.dkmags.com/
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Grandpa Rex

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:07 am

The place I went was something along the lines of 100 clips for $30. I am looking for the link and will post if I find it. all the clips were straight, and still work great today.

You will also want to make yourself a "demooner". I made one out of a piece of pipe, cost me about 40 cents.
Last edited by Stradawhovious on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stradawhovious

Re: Re: .45 ACP moonclips, and belt clips wanted

Postby goett047 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 am

Stradawhovious wrote:The place I went was something along the lines of 100k clips for $30. I am looking for the link and will post if I find it. all the clips were straight, and still work great today.

You will also want to make yourself a "demooner". I made one out of a piece of pipe, cost me about 40 cents.

100k???
goett047

Re: Re: .45 ACP moonclips, and belt clips wanted

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:22 am

goett047 wrote:
Stradawhovious wrote:The place I went was something along the lines of 100k clips for $30. I am looking for the link and will post if I find it. all the clips were straight, and still work great today.

100k???

Stoopid smartfone.

No, just 100. Sorry.

But 100 moonclips last forever if you don't step on them.
Stradawhovious

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:32 am

OK, someone sent me a PM with the name of the place.... it's "Old Sarge's Drop Zone".

Here is a link for 10 clips and a demooning tool http://www.oldsargesdropzone.com/product.php?item=1555

I don't see the 100 clips deal anymore, but have sent them a message asking about it. I will let you know how that goes.

ETA : Just heard back from them. (That was fast..... :shock: ) The are currently out of stock of the 100 packs, and will make them available again when they get them in.
Stradawhovious

Postby down10ftn on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:09 pm

As Murphy would dictate, once a cry for help went out, my moonclips would come in the mail. I need a couple holders yet. Strad, pm sent your way.

Thanks MNGT ppl!

tim
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. "
Ronald Reagan
down10ftn

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:07 pm

down10ftn wrote:As Murphy would dictate, once a cry for help went out, my moonclips would come in the mail. I need a couple holders yet. Strad, pm sent your way.

Thanks MNGT ppl!

tim

Responded via text. I have a couple of hand made holders (very much like the North Mountain style) and a de-mooning tool for you to borrow if you'd like.
Stradawhovious

Postby down10ftn on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks Strad (and others). I am now all hooked up with equipment. Rest is up to me. Very excited about shooting the 625. Most beautiful gun I have ever bought (Thanks for the new weapon, Jon Thompson!)

The moon clips I got are some polycarbonate compound. Recesses for the shells. Can load and unload these things in seconds and they hold the cartridges firmly. Pics and range report in 48 hours.
Ronald Reagan
down10ftn

Postby Keith on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:42 am

down10ftn wrote:Thanks Strad (and others). I am now all hooked up with equipment. Rest is up to me. Very excited about shooting the 625. Most beautiful gun I have ever bought (Thanks for the new weapon, Jon Thompson!)

The moon clips I got are some polycarbonate compound. Recesses for the shells. Can load and unload these things in seconds and they hold the cartridges firmly. Pics and range report in 48 hours.

Be careful. The plastic ones are prone to breaking and a number of them wouldn't allow the cylinder to close on my gun. Don't know if they're any better these days.

Have fun and shoot straight! :gun:
Yeah, but I shoot with THIS hand.
Keith

Postby Stradawhovious on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:04 am

down10ftn wrote:The moon clips I got are some polycarbonate compound. Recesses for the shells. Can load and unload these things in seconds and they hold the cartridges firmly. Pics and range report in 48 hours.

Depending on the type of clip holder you get your hands on, it might knock the cartridges out of the clip when you're removing the clip from the holder. If you use one like the one pictured below, (and shooting IDPA you probably will) I would strongly suggest the spring steel clips over the plastic ones.

Good luck, and let us know how things go!

Shooting revo competitively is a blast. Literally.
Stradawhovious

Postby Spartan on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:03 pm

I have an extra dillon demooner .... I thought I lost mine do i panicked and bought another one....... used it twice then found the "lost one" in my range bag.

I 'd sell one of them for $25.00 if anyone wants one ......
Spartan

Postby down10ftn on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Things I learned:
Revolvers are fun
Moonclips are cool
The poly moon clips performed without a hiccup
The shooter hiccuped but revolvers are still fun
Need to keep a round count on these poly_____ moon clips and see if longevity and convenience balance.
Ronald Reagan
down10ftn

Return to Loaner Forum