New Gun or New Camera???

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

So I'm in the market for both but can only get one.

Full size all black XDm 40
44%
S&W M&P 15-22 MOE
24%
Canon SX30is
32%

Total votes : 25

Re: New Gun or New Camera???

Postby Mrblackis300 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:49 am

Pezhead wrote:Look at the Canon EOS series. It's tough on I didn't vote on this.

I think it's a tough choice too. I think I'm going to wait until the Stillwater Gun show. If there is something there that ThunderJohn has that I like I'll pick it up if not Black Friday is camera day for me.
Proud to be a new dad 4/2011!!

hammAR wrote:
Mrblackis300 wrote:What qualifies you as having gun fever???

When your wife asks, would you rather have sex or get a new gun...............and you reply, what kind of gun................ :|
Mrblackis300

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:43 am

Dunno how many guns you have. A GREAT camera is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 or ZS-3. It's half the size of its predecessor, has 12x optical zoom with folded Leica optics, and 10 megapixel, and if you wait until it gets closed out, you can pick these things up for $179. (The ZS1 has already come and gone, but Panasonic keeps coming out with these things and the older ones get liquidated for 60% off or more.) With this one lens, the camera is capable of 28mm wide andgle all the way up to 300mm telephoto.

And somewhat like a gun, a camera is no damn good if it's so big or bulky that you don't carry it everywhere with you. The DSLR's are just too big for a pocket, while one of these Panasonics is NOT.If you don't have the camera on you, you can't take the shot!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby dismal on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:57 pm

ComradeBurg wrote:
Bulldawg wrote:She will always let you get a new camera to take photos of the kid(s). Get the gun NOW!!!

Exactly!

I concur.
dismal

Postby DanM on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:09 am

Unless it makes a lot of noise when you take a picture, I'd go with the gun. I mean, what fun would that be! ;)
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
Thomas Jefferson
DanM

Postby mc762x54R on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:13 pm

spend the extra money and get a digital SLR. They focus much faster than point&shoots, and have better picture quality too.
It's nearly impossible to take a sharp picture of my 2yr old without using my dSLR, a fast lens and high ISO.
mc762x54R

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:37 pm

mc762x54R wrote:spend the extra money and get a digital SLR. They focus much faster than point&shoots, and have better picture quality too.
It's nearly impossible to take a sharp picture of my 2yr old without using my dSLR, a fast lens and high ISO.

Selective DOF, reliable selective focus, proper ISO selection and many other important factors are all but impossible on the point and shoot cameras as well. The DSLR is a better choice all around. I don't know where you are at, but Minneapolis offers classes on how to use them fer cheep, and I bet many other locals do as well. It's absolutely amazing what a difference there is between the DSLR and the point and shoot.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat