Here you go all you dirty Glock fans...

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Here you go all you dirty Glock fans...

Postby Bessy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:47 pm

gyrfalcon wrote:
FJ540 wrote:If Gaston would've modeled it after something other than a cinder block, I would probably refer to it in kinder terms.

You should write an article for GQ magazine on handgun style. :lol: The last thing I care about is looks with firearms, unless I'm grading condition. The AR/M-16 is not exactly a good looking either IMHO.

hmm not sure about the brick thing... how about if he wouldn't have given it a wonky grip angle......
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby Heffay on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:53 pm

The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. "Make it evil," he'd been told. "Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with."

Mission accomplished. Proof positive that the Glock is the perfect weapon. Douglas Adams says it, so it must be true.

I <3 my Glock. It has a laser on it.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby gyrfalcon on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:55 pm

FJ540 wrote:Not for shooting... Throwing: I can think of no gun I'd be more energetic about heaving from my proximity than a glock (except maybe it's baby brother the hi-point). ;)

Aww, now those are fighting words!!! I've pissed off/surprised a few folks shooting the 9mm highpoint at longer distances (100yards) with its 3.5" fixed barrel and getting some impressive results. The trigger can actually be pretty nice too..but it's a brick, no doubt in my mind about that.

Let me guess you're a fan of the mechanical metal nightmare that constitutes a 1911? :lol:
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby gyrfalcon on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Heffay wrote:I <3 my Glock. It has a laser on it.

You might not be a troll, but you sure would be good at it. ;)
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby Heffay on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:03 pm

gyrfalcon wrote:
Heffay wrote:I <3 my Glock. It has a laser on it.

You might not be a troll, but you sure would be good at it. ;)

I am totally a troll, and I'm damn good at everything. 8-)
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Bessy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:05 pm

gyrfalcon wrote:
FJ540 wrote:Not for shooting... Throwing: I can think of no gun I'd be more energetic about heaving from my proximity than a glock (except maybe it's baby brother the hi-point). ;)

Aww, now those are fighting words!!! I've pissed off/surprised a few folks shooting the 9mm highpoint at longer distances (100yards) with its 3.5" fixed barrel and getting some impressive results. The trigger can actually be pretty nice too..but it's a brick, no doubt in my mind about that.

Let me guess you're a fan of the mechanical metal nightmare that constitutes a 1911? :lol:

Any pretense of us being friends... it's gone... I don't know you... I don't want to know you....
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby gyrfalcon on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Bessy wrote:Any pretense of us being friends... it's gone... I don't know you... I don't want to know you....

Woops I mean hi-point, and I'm kidding... You folks in the cult of the 1911 need to chill a bit, that 100 year old gun you love doesn't look like it's going to be discontinued anytime soon. :lol:
gyrfalcon

Postby hammAR on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Bessy wrote:hmm not sure about the brick thing... how about if he wouldn't have given it a wonky grip angle.....

That's to match their hand shake..................kind of genteel in a squid kind of way don't ya know............. :?
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby gyrfalcon on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:04 pm

hammAR wrote:That's to match their hand shake..................kind of genteel in a squid kind of way don't ya know............. :?

Yeah that ~7 degree difference in grip angle makes all the difference in the world... :roll:
gyrfalcon

Postby Flip on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Flip wrote:... Waiting for a comment from Just-A-Glock ....

:busy: :busy: :busy: :busy: :busy: :busy: :busy: :busy:

I'm guessing that Justa must have lost his password.

Also, it's interesting that Mr. Glock's creation, while supposedly "perfect" (ie Glock perfection) has has more than 1 generation *AND* has more than a few people arguing that a 100 yr old design is still better.

(If that doesn't wake Justa from the slumber he's in, I'm not sure what will)

Flip
It seems that politicians are most useful when they accomplish nothing at all
Flip

Postby gyrfalcon on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Hehehe... :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

gyrfalcon

Postby JJ on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Sorry i still haven't figured out youtebe embedding :oops:
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Tommy Gun on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:07 pm

JJH wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Sorry i still haven't figured out youtebe embedding :oops:

Let me help you with that. :type:

You can thank me later. ;)
When you are on the horns of a dilemma, shoot the bull right between the eyes.
Tommy Gun

Postby PileDriver on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:10 pm

gyrfalcon wrote:

That voice almost made me use a 1911 on myself. :lol:
PileDriver

Postby Tommy Gun on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Meanwhile, back at the original topic... :roll:
When you are on the horns of a dilemma, shoot the bull right between the eyes.
Tommy Gun

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat