Ooooo, I want, I want!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Ooooo, I want, I want!

Postby Snakeman721 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:49 pm

PREVIEW: Kel-Tec Shotgun (KSG)

01-04-2011

The time for secrecy is nearing its end. This SHOT Show, Kel-Tec will be revealing its next ground-breaking product: the KSG (Kel-Tec Shotgun).

The KSG is our first entry into the shotgun market. The size, shape and design are similar to the currently available Kel-Tec RFB rifle, but the KSG ejects downward, instead of forward. The KSG weighs 6.9lbs and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1" overall length and an 18.5" cylinder bore barrel. Even with this compact size, the internal dual tube magazines hold an impressive 14 rounds of 12 gage 2-3/4" rounds (7 per tube). The simple and reliable pump action feeds from either the left or right tube. The feed side is manually selected by a lever located behind the trigger guard. The lever can be positioned in the center detent in order to easily clear the chamber without feeding another round from either magazine. A cross bolt style safety blocks the sear, and the pump release lever is located in front of the trigger guard.

The pump includes an under Picatinny rail for the mounting of a forward grip, or a light or laser. The included top Picatinny sight rail will accept many types of optics or iron sights. Forward and rear sling loops are built in, and a basic sling is included. The soft rubber butt pad helps to tame recoil.

MSRP has not been officially been set, but we are looking at the $800.00 range.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Re: Ooooo, I want, I want!

Postby Gecko, Extra Crispy on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Gecko, Extra Crispy

Postby bstrawse on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:59 pm

I want one of these :)
B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Snakeman721 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Oops! Sorry, I didn't see that thread. Actually, I first heard of this Kel-Tec shotgun because it was on the cover of my new Guns & Ammo mag! 8-)
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby solidgun on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm

I have this on pre-order. I am hoping for October release, but it seems to be delayed a little more now.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Postby RobD on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:53 am

I'll wait till after the 1st recall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPFw5Py1oY4
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby Snakeman721 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:11 am

RobD wrote:I'll wait till after the 1st recall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPFw5Py1oY4

Soooo....when the trigger fails to reset, you have to chuck another round in to get it to work (or work the slide)? When was that video made? Maybe it's already been fixed?
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby gyrfalcon on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:16 am

RobD wrote:I'll wait till after the 1st recall.

That's a standard thing with Kel-Tecs and one of my pet peeves... You don't need to use a KSG, just pickup a P3AT or even a Ruger LCP.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby Countryfried Frank on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:39 pm

It seems to me like the dual magazine system would take a lot of training to get proficient with. It's still pretty high on the cool factor though.
"Sometimes we have to get really high to see how small we are." - Felix Baumgartner
Countryfried Frank

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:Soooo....when the trigger fails to reset, you have to chuck another round in to get it to work (or work the slide)? When was that video made? Maybe it's already been fixed?

The prototypes at the Shot Show had issues with reset which have been taken care of in the production guns. I wouldn't expect very many of these to be around until Christmas, but if you need it right now there is one on GunBroker for only three times MSRP: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =237564016
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Squib Joe wrote:
Snakeman721 wrote:Soooo....when the trigger fails to reset, you have to chuck another round in to get it to work (or work the slide)? When was that video made? Maybe it's already been fixed?

The prototypes at the Shot Show had issues with reset which have been taken care of in the production guns. I wouldn't expect very many of these to be around until Christmas, but if you need it right now there is one on GunBroker for only three times MSRP: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =237564016

HA! Nope, I don't "need" it right now, and certainly NOT for 3 times MSRP! I can wait. :D
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Hammer99... on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Squib Joe wrote:... but if you need it right now there is one on GunBroker for only three times MSRP: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =237564016

Boy that seems legit.

"Please no emails asking for serial number"
"We will not be displaying this gun in store"
"Please do not call on this item as our phones are too busy"

I guess they never said it was in stock....
I love it when a plan comes together!
Hammer99...

Postby gyrfalcon on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Squib Joe wrote:...The prototypes at the Shot Show had issues with reset which have been taken care of in the production guns....

Are you sure about that? Because the PF9, P3AT, etc all require an almost full release of the trigger before resetting.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby plblark on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:13 pm

gyrfalcon wrote:
Squib Joe wrote:...The prototypes at the Shot Show had issues with reset which have been taken care of in the production guns....

Are you sure about that? Because the PF9, P3AT, etc all require an almost full release of the trigger before resetting.

I don't know... How did it feel to YOU at the SHOT show?
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby gyrfalcon on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:30 pm

plblark wrote:I don't know... How did it feel to YOU at the SHOT show?

Oh it felt real good... like when you tell a ******* to piss off.
gyrfalcon

Next

Return to General Gun Chat