Is intervention needed?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Is intervention needed?

Postby Snowgun on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:49 am

The problem is that you are missing many other fine 1911 manufacturers in your list....must collect them all
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby David on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:03 am

Three guns in one month is nothing to some of the people around here. Come back when you're doing eight or ten, n00b! :D
David

Postby Anokamnman on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:51 am

No intervention needed. I bought an AR10, 870 wingmaster, benelli nova, sig 1911 c3 & a Taurus pt111 in about 3 weeks. Lovin the c3.
Wrap that around your overly muscled left wing and row your dinghy in counterclockwise circles as a result.
Anokamnman

Postby LS3Miata on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:55 am

David wrote:Three guns in one month is nothing to some of the people around here. Come back when you're doing eight or ten, n00b! :D

Good point. I guess asking for intervention here would be like a crack head walking into a crack house and complaining he had too much crack :rotf:
A few 1911's, two crazy boxers, a fast car and a half fast driver.
LS3Miata

Postby Erud on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:36 am

Seems fine. Could develop into a problem if you decide to start buying expensive guns. Depends on if you're married and who to.
Erud

Is intervention needed?

Postby JoeH on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:24 am

LS3Miata wrote:
David wrote:Three guns in one month is nothing to some of the people around here. Come back when you're doing eight or ten, n00b! :D

Good point. I guess asking for intervention here would be like a crack head walking into a crack house and complaining he had too much crack :rotf:

FTW!
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:00 am

[quote="LS3MiataGood point. I guess asking for intervention here would be like a crack head walking into a crack house and complaining he had too much crack :rotf:[/quote]

I've got too much crack, but it's due to the length of my belt.
OldmanFCSA

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:02 am

When you are speaking AR-10, are you speaking ArmaLite, or some other brand?

Just curious. I have several AR-10's - all ArmaLite, the original AR manufacturer.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:29 am

Just got one AR-10T (Flattop) from Armalite. Didn't shoot very well at 100 yards because the barrel wasn't free floated, so I took it to JP and he cryoed the barrel, put on a new front end that doesn't touch the barrel, put his 1st gen brake on it, put in the adjustable gas block, and put in the speed trigger. Shoots much better now, but if I had it to do over again I just would have gotten a full JP gun to begin with. It's plenty good if the Obamacare people ever come down my dead end road for my "End of Life Counseling..."
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby LS3Miata on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:07 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:When you are speaking AR-10, are you speaking ArmaLite, or some other brand?

Just curious. I have several AR-10's - all ArmaLite, the original AR manufacturer.
Armalite
10a4cbnf 1913
A few 1911's, two crazy boxers, a fast car and a half fast driver.
LS3Miata

Postby justinvan on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:12 pm

TH3180 wrote:
justinvan wrote:Have you started leaving the house with a emty gun case so your wife doesnt realize your sneakin another one in?

Dam it, you tell me now.

Thats the oldest trick in the book! Make sure you use a scoped long gun case with the cardboard tube from the inside of a role of christmas wrap inside of it, ditch the tube at the gun shop and hall a handfull of your favorite guns in the door in front of the Game Warden and she will never know! ( for what its worth I have never done this, just read about in a book one time ;) ).
justinvan

Postby FJ540 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:49 pm

You guys aren't very sneaky. I just bring them in after she's gone to bed.
FJ540

Postby Consummate on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:28 pm

You fellas are doing it wrong...

Get a woman who loves guns, and all she'll say is "when do I get to shoot them?!"

07 FFL SOT
Also providing Cerakote Firearm finishes
Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.
http://www.SchreyerWeaponSystems.com

LIKE us! http://www.Facebook.com/SchreyerWeaponSystems
Consummate

Postby FJ540 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Mine just doesn't see the need for multiples, yet she has more shoes than I have rounds of ammo...
FJ540

Postby tazdevil on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:40 pm

FJ540 wrote:Mine just doesn't see the need for multiples, yet she has more shoes than I have rounds of ammo...

Well, there's your argument. Wife: "Don't you have enough guns already? I can't see why you need as many as you already have." Husband: "Just how many shoe's do you need to have anyway, You say you don't have any, but there's 2 closets full of you not having any." Wife: "They're for different occasions, and I still need to buy more clothes too." Husband: "Well my guns are for different occasions as well, and you have more money invested in shoes than I ever have in guns, plus my guns will appreciate, while your shoes will go into the trash!" Wife: "Well, your not going to go buy any more guns, period!" Husband (knowing he just upgraded the doghouse with a hottub, fridge, 50inch tv and all the trimmings) "You've bought your last pair of shoes then too!" Wife: "GO SLEEP IN THE DOGHOUSE!" Husband proceeds to do just that, sneaking out to buy his next gun while in the doghouse anyway.

Or something along those lines. YMMV and DMR (divorce may result), so proceed with caution.
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat