Good experience at Bill's

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Good experience at Bill's

Postby jeffo on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:19 am

Very happy with Bills Robbinsdale. Spent a lot of money there over the years.
jeffo

Postby Big and Tasty on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:46 pm

I've always had good experiences at Bill's. Just wish they would open a satellite location in SE Metro :D Dang it's a long drive from Cottage Grove. Took my permit class there too. Nothing but good.
"Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help."
Big and Tasty

Postby justinvan on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Bills is one of those shops for me that I have had mixed feelings about... nothing terrible... just mixed. I have had days where I cant wait to get back and those where I went to the bar next door and asked myself why I went back! But I keep going back so they must be doing something correct! 8-) But to be totally honest there are very few show that I dont feel that way about.
justinvan

Postby ex-LT on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:55 am

Big and Tasty wrote:I've always had good experiences at Bill's. Just wish they would open a satellite location in SE Metro :D Dang it's a long drive from Cottage Grove. Took my permit class there too. Nothing but good.

They used to have a store in Lilydale (Hwy 13, just off 35E). Unfortunately, the building it was in is no longer there. Like you, I wish it was still open - it was practically right across the river from me.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Big and Tasty on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 pm

ex-LT wrote:
Big and Tasty wrote:I've always had good experiences at Bill's. Just wish they would open a satellite location in SE Metro :D Dang it's a long drive from Cottage Grove. Took my permit class there too. Nothing but good.

They used to have a store in Lilydale (Hwy 13, just off 35E). Unfortunately, the building it was in is no longer there. Like you, I wish it was still open - it was practically right across the river from me.

Those were the good ol' days my friend, weren't they? First pistol I ever bought came from Bill's in Lilydale - Gen 1 Glock 22.
"Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help."
Big and Tasty

Postby dogan529 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:45 pm

I frequent the circle pines store. I have nothing but good things to say! Always feel welcome and everyone in there is just trying to help out...good times! :D :D
”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
~Daniel Webster
dogan529

Postby JTHubred on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:08 am

Good experiences at both locations, admittedly a couple rough spots I'll mark as difference of opinion, though will continue to go back.
I learn more from mistakes than from success, though given the option I prefer to learn from the mistakes of others.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas A. Edison
JTHubred

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat