Fleet Farm....Handguns

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Fleet Farm....Handguns

Postby ferch on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Dave-
I just wanted to say you guys almost always do a great job with ammo at Fleet Farm. Sure, sometimes you are out of stock, but heck you've almost always got the lowest prices around. Please keep up the good work!
ferch

Postby unit44justin on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Dave-HuldraArms wrote:
unit44justin wrote:The only thing Gander can beat you on is their 250round bulk packs of blazer brass when they have it on sale for $89.99 it ends up being $17.99/50rounds. Anyway you guys could get in on that market?

In what caliber, we have everyday prices of 9mm, 40 lower then that with other brands that are higher quality the Blazer brass. I honestly can't remember what pricing is for 45 off hand if that's what you are referring to. For example, 9mm American Eagle is $11.88, other brands are usually $11.99/50.
Thanks, Dave

They have 250 round boxes of 40,45, .380, and .38 special normally $99 but goes on sale often for $89. The 9mm box comes in 350 round box which comes out to just under $13/50 rounds when it's in sale, which really isn't a good deal. Hell the way you guys price you could probably beat Gander on their bulk pack price.
unit44justin

Postby Sammichman on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Was out that way today,,,ammo supply seems short,,,but I picked up some 9MM,,,,I would maybe oraganize a little better,,,I,d put the Ammo next to the Guns,,,any body who just happens to stop for some Ammo would be drawn to the rifle and Pistol cases,,,also get a cash register in the Gun dept,,Ammo guys want a fast in out JMTC
Sammichman

Postby TTS on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Another vote for reloading supplies! It will save me the 45min. trip to Cabela's or Gunstop.
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

Postby Dave Timm on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:08 pm

ferch wrote:Dave-
I just wanted to say you guys almost always do a great job with ammo at Fleet Farm. Sure, sometimes you are out of stock, but heck you've almost always got the lowest prices around. Please keep up the good work!

Thanks, and so you know, we always do rain checks as well, even for sale prices. Just ask the customer service counter or any of our staff to help you out.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
Timm Arms Co.
Firearms and NFA Sales & Transfers, Gunsmith & Armorer Services
http://www.timmarms.com
Dave Timm

Postby Dave Timm on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 pm

It sounds like their sale prices, even with the bulk pack, are still higher then our normal prices. Even at $90/250 rounds or 5 boxes, thats $18 a box/50, our prices are lower then that on most of the calibers you listed. Again for some reason I can't recall what 45 is at the moment, Ill swing into a store and find out. Up to you where you spend your money, but I know where I shop. In most of our stores the pistol ammo is across from the pistol case and rifle ammo is very close to the counter, we try to keep them together. In some stores we have more space then others, but I can assure you its worth it to find it, we really want to keep our prices as low as possible and be the go to place for firearms and ammo.

If we put a register in sporting good you wouldn't buy any pretzels :D .

Thanks guys!
Dave
Timm Arms Co.
Dave Timm

Postby hunterfreakhd on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 pm

I can't wait for the carver Mills to open.I guessing they will have some ammo there for the grand opening! ;)
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby Npederse on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:24 am

hunterfreakhd wrote:I can't wait for the carver Mills to open.I guessing they will have some ammo there for the grand opening! ;)

Same here -- It'll be great to have one so close.
Npederse

Postby Sammichman on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Dave-HuldraArms wrote:It sounds like their sale prices, even with the bulk pack, are still higher then our normal prices. Even at $90/250 rounds or 5 boxes, thats $18 a box/50, our prices are lower then that on most of the calibers you listed. Again for some reason I can't recall what 45 is at the moment, Ill swing into a store and find out. Up to you where you spend your money, but I know where I shop. In most of our stores the pistol ammo is across from the pistol case and rifle ammo is very close to the counter, we try to keep them together. In some stores we have more space then others, but I can assure you its worth it to find it, we really want to keep our prices as low as possible and be the go to place for firearms and ammo.

If we put a register in sporting good you wouldn't buy any pretzels :D .

Thanks guys!
Dave

The pretzels should be FREE :D
Sammichman

Postby Countryfried Frank on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Dave-HuldraArms wrote:If we put a register in sporting good you wouldn't buy any pretzels :D .

If you put the pretzels between the powder and the primers I promise I will buy some everytime I go. ;)
"Sometimes we have to get really high to see how small we are." - Felix Baumgartner
Countryfried Frank

Postby Dave Timm on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:06 am

Ok pretzels, power, and primers, sounds like a nice shopping trip to me. Reloading stuff huh, you guys really seem to want that. :D
Timm Arms Co.
Dave Timm

Postby plblark on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:31 am

that and a special hold for plblark section behind the counter so the hoarders don't clean it out before I get there.

I REALLY like the Blaine store layout by the way. I can never get out of there without 3 or 4 items I didn't know I needed that were NOT on the list :-)
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby dleong on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:09 am

Dave-HuldraArms wrote:Ok pretzels, power, and primers, sounds like a nice shopping trip to me. Reloading stuff huh, you guys really seem to want that. :D

If FF stocked the right mix of reloading components at the right price, I don't think you'll have any problems moving them.

Oh, and forget pretzels. Animal crackers FTW.
dleong

Postby justaguy on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 am

dleong wrote:
Dave-HuldraArms wrote:Ok pretzels, power, and primers, sounds like a nice shopping trip to me. Reloading stuff huh, you guys really seem to want that. :D

If FF stocked the right mix of reloading components at the right price, I don't think you'll have any problems moving them.

Oh, and forget pretzels. Animal crackers FTW.

BIG +1!!!
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby photogpat on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 am

Giant Jug O' Cheez Balls - 'nuff said.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat