Open Carry at Chengwatana?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Open Carry at Chengwatana?

Postby justaguy on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 pm

dimachico wrote:I hate to admit it, but it is kind of a novelty to be at a range and have a pistol holstered while target practicing with a different pistol, rifle or shotgun. I have been meaning to take a class to get my PTC but have been hesitant for a couple of reasons.
First off, I know my wife does not support me concealed carrying. She is actually rather uncomfortable with my very small arsenal in the home as it is and does not see the need for me to carry a pistol while we are out and about. As it stands, she still has never gone shooting with me due to her fear.
Secondly, I know that if I had the option to carry, and a situation arose where I wish I was armed but didn't have a pistol with me, I could never forgive myself. I recognize this as a lame ostrich's head in the sand situation. I actually, strangely, feel that if I don't have the option to carry I wouldn't feel the regret of not carrying at the time. I definitely see the idiocy of that fact. Not sure if I am explaining it well.
Thirdly, I am not permitted to carry at my workplace. I spend about 95% of my time either at home or at work. I am always a few few steps away from a firearm at home, and because I can't carry at work, I don't feel the need to get my P2C.
Lastly, I am only going to be in MN for another 9 months or so and see the investment of ~$200 as relatively expensive for 9 months or legal carry.

I do appreciate all the input. I'll end my rant there. Thanks for your experience.

Sorry to hear this.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat