Northland Range, Roseau

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Northland Range, Roseau

Postby kerns bbo on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:03 pm

I frequent Roseau on a regular basis and am curious about the range. I have called the phone number on the DNR website a few times with no answer. I also drove out today to see if there was any information about the range on-site.

Is it free for public use? Do they restrict the hours of use? Does anyone have better contact information?
kerns bbo

Re: Northland Range, Roseau

Postby Pred on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am

I'd be curious to know as well. We have a deer hunting cabin about 40 miles west of there. We go up in mid-September to clean up and get ready for the hunting season. It would be nice to run over to the range and shoot at the longer distances than what I can do locally, but the dates/times of operation posted on the dnr website wouldn't work out.
Pred

Postby farmerj on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:19 am

It is across the road from the POE?

It's a rather nice range. It was open to the public (since it used DNR funds to update the range) when I was up there in 2002. We shot pistol and rifle there all the way to 1000 yards.

It's just short of the border. You will want to be careful if you do go walking around the range and not stray far on the north side as it does slide up against the border too. And the Border Patrol does have sensors in the woods out there.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby tullibee on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:30 am

I just wish I had known about the range back when I lived south of Roseau! (only problem was back then I didn't have near the toy collection I have now, so it wouldn't have been as much fun as now...)

If I get up to visit my buddy up there who has a place on Minnesota Hill, I'll have to bring some long-range capabilities and go try the range out!
tullibee

Return to General Gun Chat